Chapter 13

In Mr.Park's office

Hae-in arrived at Mr. Park's office to finalize an important business deal. She was accompanied by Hyun-woo, who was there to discuss the legal aspects of the agreement. The atmosphere was positive, and everything seemed to be going smoothly. Hae-in was just about to sign the deal when a knock on the door interrupted them. A young woman entered, greeting Mr. Park with a cheerful "Hi, Dad!"

Mr. Park's face lit up with joy at the sight of his adopted daughter, Park Ji-hye. Both Hae-in and Hyun-woo were seated opposite Mr. Park and couldn't see who had entered until Ji-hye embraced her father. When Hae-in finally saw the girl, she froze. It was none other than Eun-seong's twin sister, Park Ji-hye, the woman who had once tried to exploit Hyun-woo's vulnerable state to get close to him.

As Ji-hye turned to face Hyun-woo, her eyes lit up with excitement. She rushed over and wrapped her arms around him, exclaiming, "What a pleasant surprise! I missed you, Hyun-woo!" Hyun-woo, clearly uncomfortable, wore a look of unease, though it was evident that he recognized her.

Mr. Park, sensing something amiss, asked in confusion, "You know Mr. Baek Hyun-woo?"

Ji-hye, still holding Hyun-woo's hand, replied with a smirk, "Dad, this is the guy I told you about."

Mr. Park's eyes narrowed in realization. "The one from university? The boy you liked?"

Ji-hye blushed and nodded, "Yes!"

Hyun-woo shifted uncomfortably, his mind clouded with confusion.Watching this, Hae-in felt a surge of fury rise within her. The sight of Ji-hye clinging to Hyun-woo was intolerable. Without a second thought, Hae-in strode over, yanking Hyun-woo's hand free from Ji-hye's grasp. She turned to Mr. Park, her voice cold and decisive. "I'm sorry, Mr. Park, but I don't think my company can work with yours. I'm canceling the deal."

With that, she grabbed Hyun-woo's arm and began to walk out. Ji-hye, panicking at the thought of losing Hyun-woo, chased after them, her desperation evident. She grabbed Hyun-woo's hand once more, pleading, "Hyun-woo, why are you leaving? You know how much I love you! And I know you've liked me since we were in High School. Why are you going with this woman? Who is she to come between us?"

Hae-in's anger reached its peak. Without hesitation, she slapped Ji-hye across the face, the sound echoing through the office. "Stay away from him!" she spat out, her voice laced with icy fury.

Ji-hye stood there, stunned and humiliated, as Hae-in pulled Hyun-woo away, her grip on him firm and protective. Despite Hyun-woo's memory loss due to his brain surgery, his heart instinctively led him to trust the woman who fiercely defended him, not the manipulative Ji-hye.

As they left Mr. Park's office, Hae-in's heart pounded with a mixture of rage and possessiveness. She knew that no matter the circumstances, no one would ever come between her and Hyun-woo. Not even someone as ruthless as Park Ji-hye.

In the Car

Hae-in and Hyun-woo sat in silence, an odd tension hanging between them. Hae-in was lost in her thoughts, staring out the window, while Hyun-woo was also deep in thought, his gaze fixed outside. Neither of them seemed to notice that they were still holding each other's hand.

POV of Hyun-woo

After my surgery in Germany, when I finally regained consciousness, Ji-hye was the first person I saw. Though I was awake, my memories were hazy. The only clear recollection I had was of a girl I met on my first day of high school. She had sad eyes and a small injury on her knee from falling on the playground. I remember searching the entire school the next day like a prince searching for Cinderella, carrying her music player, but I never found her.