Chapter 2

When Hyun-Woo learned about Hae-In's pregnancy, he was overjoyed. But despite this happiness, they both knew that healing their relationship would take a lot of effort. The cracks that had formed between them over time wouldn't mend overnight. They still had a long way to go to rebuild their bond.

Even with this new hope, they continued to sleep in separate rooms, a reminder of the distance that had grown between them. It would take time, patience, and understanding to bring them back together completely.

Next Morning

Hae-In and Hyun-Woo were heading to the hospital together. Hyun-Woo wanted to make sure their baby was healthy, and Hae-In had no objections to that. After all, it was their baby. So, before going to the office, they decided to visit the hospital.

Hae-In, sitting in the passenger seat, spoke in her usual commanding tone, "No one should find out about my pregnancy. Since only we know, if anyone else finds out, I'll know it was you who told them."

Hyun-Woo, focused on driving, simply replied, "Okay." After a moment, he asked, "You mean you won't even tell your family?"

Hae-In sighed, "Not right now. I have relatives who are more interested in my property and wealth. If they find out I'm pregnant, they might get jealous and even plot against our unborn child."

She looked at Hyun-Woo, her eyes filled with concern, emphasizing the need to keep this a secret for now.

Hyun-Woo fully understood and agreed with Hae-In's concerns. He knew that many of her relatives were envious of her successful life and luxurious lifestyle. If they found out she was pregnant, knowing that her child would eventually inherit her wealth and property, it would likely ignite even more jealousy and resentment in their hearts.

As they continued their drive to the hospital, the weight of this secret hung in the air. Hyun-Woo's grip on the steering wheel tightened, reflecting his resolve to protect their unborn child from any potential harm. Both of them knew that keeping this news to themselves, for now, was the safest choice.

At the hospital, Hyun-Woo was by Hae-In's side, bombarding the doctor with questions about her and the baby's health. He asked about every little precaution, some of which were pretty basic. Hae-In pretended to be frustrated by his endless queries, rolling her eyes and sighing, but deep down, she was touched.

She found it endearing that Hyun-Woo was so concerned about her and their unborn child. Seeing him so involved and caring made her feel cherished and reassured, even though she kept up the facade of being slightly annoyed.

After their meeting with the doctor, as they were heading back to the office, Hae-In noticed Hyun-Woo lagging behind. She stopped and walked back to him, asking, "Why did you stop?"

Hyun-Woo put on a fake smile and said, "Oh, it's nothing. I just remembered I have something else to do. You go ahead to the office without me."

Puzzled, Hae-In asked, "Then how will you get to the office?"

Hyun-Woo quickly replied, "My friend Kim Yang-Ki will drop me off. And make sure you drive carefully."

Hae-In nodded, reassured by his words, and continued on her way.

As soon as she was out of sight, Hyun-Woo's smile faded. He quickly found a seat in the hospital lobby and sat down. The truth was, his head was throbbing, and his vision was starting to blur. He didn't want Hae-In to see him like this, so he sent her on her way alone.

In the office

As Hae-In was heading towards her cabin, she spotted her mother walking towards Hyun-Woo's office. Quickly, she intercepted her, asking, "Mom, what are you doing here? This is my workplace."