Chapter 7

Hyun-woo hastily threw his things into his bag at the hotel, rushing towards the elevator. Stepping out, he found himself suddenly on a bustling street, disoriented and dizzy. The world spun around him, blurring into a confusing haze. A speeding truck coming straight at him but he couldn't move, frozen in fear. Just when it seemed too late, Hae-in appeared out of nowhere, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him to safety. The rain poured down, making the moment feel even more intense, mixing relief and urgency in the air.

In the Hotel

Hae-in was dressed in a night robe, while Hyun-woo had also changed into comfortable clothes. He sat silently on the bed, his hair still damp with water dripping down. Seeing this, Hae-in approached him quietly and began to gently dry his hair with the towel, just like one would dry a child's hair.

Looking at her, Hyun-woo asked, "What are you doing?"

To which Hae-in chuckled softly, "Practicing. It might come in handy later..."

In truth, Hae-in was trying to act normally, hoping to ease the tension between them and erase the sadness she saw in Hyun-woo's eyes. She didn't want to see him so quiet and upset, wanting everything that happened between them to be forgotten.

Hae-in was drying Hyun-woo's hair when suddenly, he pulled her into his embrace. Since Hae-in was standing and Hyun-woo was sitting, his head rested against her stomach, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

Surprised and concerned, Hae-in asked softly, "What's wrong?"

Holding her close, Hyun-woo's voice trembled as he replied, "I want a divorce."

Stunned, Hae-in tried to pull away, her heart racing, but Hyun-woo held on tighter. "Please, Hae-in," he repeated, his voice cracking, "I want a divorce."

Trying to free herself, Hae-in's voice shook as she said, "Stop being stubborn like a child. Let me go."

Hyun-woo, still holding her with desperation in his grip, whispered, "I'm not being stubborn. I need peace..." Tears welled up in Hae-in's eyes, hot and relentless. She asked, her voice breaking, "Will being apart from me give you peace?" Hyun-woo's simple, anguished "Yes" cut through her like a knife.

Hearing this, Hae-in's tears finally spilled over, cascading down her cheeks. She wiped them away with trembling hands and, trying to appear strong despite her breaking heart, said, "Fine, we'll get divorced as soon as we return to Korea."

The room felt heavy with unspoken pain, and as Hae-in stepped back, her eyes mirrored the depth of her sorrow and the strength she was desperately trying to muster.

After two days

Hae-in and Hyun-woo returned to Korea after the doctor informed them that the treatment had been unsuccessful in increasing Hyun-woo's white blood cells. They had no choice but to come back.

At the airport, Hyun-woo walked ahead, carrying his bag, seemingly avoiding Hae-in. She couldn't keep up with his pace, so she lagged behind. It was clear from their expressions and tired movements that the past two days had been extremely difficult for both of them.

As they exited the airport, they saw Hae-in's secretary and driver waiting with the car. The driver took Hae-in's luggage and put it in the car. When the driver moved to take Hyun-woo's bag, Hyun-woo stopped him, saying, "Not needed."

Hae-in, trying to keep things calm, suggested, "At least we can go together..."

Hyun-woo responded coldly, "When the paths are separate, there's no need to travel together." With that, he took a taxi and left, leaving Hae-in standing there, feeling the weight of his words and their shared pain.