Chapter 14: Whispers and Assurances

The weight of the day settled on Isha's shoulders as she and Shiva walked hand-in-hand towards their room. Alia's presence loomed large, a storm cloud threatening their newfound happiness.

"You handled it well," Isha finally said, her voice laced with admiration.

Shiva squeezed her hand. "It was nothing compared to how you faced everything with such grace. You're incredible, Isha."

Isha blushed at his praise, but a sliver of worry remained. "What about your grandmother?"

Shiva sighed. "She'll be upset, I know. But she'll understand eventually. Alia's true colors are starting to show."

A wave of apprehension washed over Isha. The grand mansion, once a symbol of security, now felt suffocating. Would their love be accepted within its opulent walls?

Sensing her fear, Shiva stopped and turned to her. His hand cupped her cheek, his touch a silent reassurance. "Don't worry, Isha. We'll face this together. We have each other, that's all that matters." He pulled her into a tight embrace, the warmth of his body radiating comfort. Isha wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his chest. Tears welled up in her eyes, but they were tears of relief, of finding solace in his unwavering love.

Their moment of intimacy was interrupted by a frantic bark. Ash, sensing their emotional turmoil, whined and nudged his hand against Isha's leg.

Shiva chuckled, a warm sound that filled Isha's heart. "Looks like someone wants us to cheer up."

He knelt down, scratching Ash behind the ears. The loyal dog wagged his tail, his playful spirit a welcome distraction.

after a tense dinner with Alia and a disapproving silence from his grandmother, Shiva sought refuge in his room with Isha. The mansion felt colder and more sterile than ever.

The door shut behind them with a soft click, and Shiva turned to Isha, his expression serious. "I have something to tell you," he said.

Isha's heart skipped a beat. "What is it?"

He sat down on the bed, patting the space beside him. Isha joined him, her gaze filled with concern.

"Before everyhing, Are you alright?" Shiva asked, his voice laced with concern. His hand instinctively tightened around hers, a silent reassurance.

Isha offered a brave smile. "Yes, just a little tired."

But Shiva knew better. He could feel the tremor in her hand, the way her steps faltered slightly. He knew the source of her unease. Alia, the girl his grandmother had deemed a perfect match, a glittering jewel from their social circle.

"It's Alia, isn't it?" Shiva spoke softly, mentioning the unspoken name hanging in the air.

Isha hesitated, then nodded. "I'm worried about what Nani might say."

The thought of his grandmother, a formidable woman who wielded immense influence in their family, added a layer of complexity to their budding relationship. Isha, from a much simpler background, would likely be seen as an unsuitable match.

Shiva squeezed her hand reassuringly. "She might be surprised, but not upset," he said, his tone laced with quiet conviction. "She never truly liked Alia for me. Remember when she kept asking about your studies?"

Isha smiled faintly, the memory bringing a flicker of warmth. "She always saw your potential, Shiva. She wouldn't want you to settle for anything less."

Shiva stopped, turning to face Isha. His sightless eyes seemed to hold a universe of understanding. "Isha," he said, his voice firm yet gentle, "our happiness doesn't depend on Nani's approval. It depends on us."