Chapter 13: A Tangled Morning

The first rays of the sun filtered through the sheer curtains, casting a warm glow across the room. Isha stirred, feeling the soft caress of the morning light. She turned to find Shiva's hand gently resting on her cheek. Though his eyes could not see her, they still held a depth of emotion that always made her heart flutter.

"Good morning, my love," Shiva whispered, his voice deep and soothing. Even though he couldn't see her, his other senses compensated, making him acutely aware of her presence.

"Good morning," Isha replied, a shy smile spreading across her face. She loved the way his voice seemed to wrap around her, making her feel cherished and protected.

Shiva brushed a lock of hair away from her face. "Did you sleep well?"

"Like a baby," she said, snuggling closer to him. "And you?"

"With you by my side, I think I slept better than I have in years." he murmured, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

Shiva's hand found hers, their fingers intertwining. "I never thought I could feel this way  ever in my life."

"Neither did I," Isha admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

Shiva let out a contented sigh, his thumb brushing lightly against her skin. "I wish I could see your face right now."

Isha's heart ached at his words, but she kept her voice light. "Well, you'll just have to imagine me with a big, goofy smile."

Shiva chuckled, his laughter filling the room with warmth. "I can imagine that perfectly."

The tenderness in his eyes made her feel special, cherished. She lay there, basking in the warmth of his presence, feeling an unspoken bond grow stronger between them. She moved closer, resting her head on his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.

After a while, reluctantly, Shiva swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up, stretching. "I have to get ready for the office," he said, though it was clear he wished he could stay longer.

Isha sat up, the sheet slipping from her shoulders. "Let me help you," she offered, her voice soft and sincere.

"Your help is always welcome," Shiva said, smiling.

Just then, a loud bark echoed through the room. Ash, sensing his master was awake, began his enthusiastic morning greeting.

"Looks like someone's impatient for breakfast," Shiva chuckled, reaching out to scratch Ash behind the ears.

As Shiva got dressed, Isha moved around the room, gathering his things. She handed him his shirt, her fingers brushing against his skin. "Here, let me do the buttons," she said, her hands deftly working their way down his chest.

"Thank you," Shiva said, his voice filled with gratitude.

When Shiva struggled with his tie, Isha stepped in, her fingers deftly knotting it with practiced ease. "There," she said, smoothing down his collar, "all set."

Shiva grinned, pulling her into his arms for a quick kiss. "You're amazing, you know that?"

Isha's cheeks flushed a deeper shade of pink, and she ducked her head to hide her smile. "I just want to make things easier for you."

"You do," Shiva said softly, his hand cupping her cheek. "You really do."

Shiva chuckled wrapping his arms against her waist, "With you by my side, I always will be the happiest man on earth."

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sizzling bacon filled the air as Isha prepared breakfast. She moved gracefully around the kitchen, her every motion fluid and precise.