Chapter 15: A Trial of Trust

The next morning, peaceful slumber of the young love couple who were entangled in each other's embrace was disturbed by a loud noise from outside their bedroom doors. Startled, they woke up to the gush of a loud voice. "It's probably Alia," Shiva muttered, frustration lacing his voice.

Isha nodded, a knot of worry tightening in her stomach. Alia's presence was a constant reminder of the precariousness of their situation.

A few tense moments passed before a frantic knock echoed on the door. Isha sprang from the bed, her heart pounding. Quickly, she straightened her clothes and smoothed Shiva's sleep-ruffled hair, their secret intimacy lingering in the air. Opening the door, Isha found Ram with a face flushed in anger.

"Shiva, Alia is accusing Isha of stealing her necklace," Ram exclaimed. "She's gone ballistic!"

Isha's heart sank. Alia's manipulative nature was rearing its ugly head. She opened her mouth to defend herself, but Shiva spoke first.

"Shiva...I " Isha's words where cut off by Shiva.

"Don't worry, Isha," Shiva said, his voice calm despite the anger simmering beneath the surface. "We'll handle her. I know you and you dont have to explain me anything."

He stood tall, his sightless eyes blazing with unwavering trust. Isha felt a surge of warmth spread through her. His belief in her innocence was a balm to her nerves. He walked towards the door with ram, his expression resolute. Isha followed close behind, her hand tightly clasped in his.

In the hallway, Alia stood fuming, surrounded by a cluster of curious servants who had gathered like moths to a flame.

"There she is!" Alia shrieked, pointing at Isha. "She must have taken it! I left it on my dresser, and now it's gone!"

Isha met Alia's gaze, her voice steady despite the tremor in her heart. "Alia, that's ridiculous. I haven't been anywhere near your room."

Alia scoffed. "Don't lie to me, you gold-digging thief!"

Shiva's voice boomed through the hallway, silencing the room. "That's IT.... That's enough, Alia!, another word from that filthy mouth of your about Isha just remember you will not have your tongue to speak in your entire life time. I swear..." He trailed off, leaving the threat hanging in the air.

He turned to the bewildered servants. "Please excuse us. This is a family matter."

The servants dispersed quickly, eager to avoid any further drama. Even though Alia had likely orchestrated this scene early in the morning to paint Isha in a bad light, Shiva's grandmother remained blissfully unaware of the commotion unfolding in the hallways.

"Shiva, you can't just dismiss me!" Alia protested.

"I can and will," Shiva retorted, his voice laced with steel. "Isha is like family to me. And unlike you, she wouldn't steal anything."

Alia's face contorted in rage. "Fine! But if the necklace doesn't magically reappear, I know exactly who to blame!" With that parting shot, she stormed off, her heels clicking a furious rhythm against the marble floor.

Shiva turned to Isha, his expression softening. He held her hand, his touch sending a comforting warmth through her. "Are you alright?" His voice was laced with concern.

Isha offered him a brave smile, but a tear escaped and traced a glistening path down her cheek. "I just... I hate that she can accuse me of such a thing," she choked out. Shiva's hand reaching out to brush a stray tear from her cheek.

Shiva pulled her into a tight embrace, his strong arms enveloping her like a protective shield. "Don't let her get to you, Isha. You know her accusations hold no weight. You're far too precious to stoop to such a level."