61

"What... Please get up again." Confused, I tried to pull her up by the arm, which I managed to do after a short time. She looked at me, sniffling,

"I brought her up well... She became a good girl and no one ever found out about the secret." she explained, but I still had no idea what she was talking about.

"What secret?" I asked and now it was she who was confused.

"That she is a powerful witch." the woman whispered and my eyes widened.

"Does Sophie know that?" I had never felt magic on her and was quite shocked.

"No, we haven't told her anything, nothing about her power, nothing about her origins...just that she has to wear contact lenses and dye her hair to stay safe. Is she safe here? We took her in and protected her, but now that she's back around...what's going on?" I didn't understand what was going on, but then Beomie appeared behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Sophie is safe... don't worry... Her real family will take care of her from now on... yet we won't take her away from them completely... " he comforted and she nodded, but then quickly went to her car and drove away. Beomie's mind control...

"What does it all mean, Beomie?" I asked him and then looked at him with a shocked expression, because the fact that he was here meant it was one of my destiny interfaces, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to travel here.

"Auntie... Sophie is my sister... Half-sister... Same father, different mother." he explained and I gulped...

"But, that... then... how does that fit into the picture?" I asked and he smiled regretfully.

"I can't tell you, that damn spell my mother cast. My mother wanted to kill Sophie before she was born, so I took her to safety, hid her in the past as soon as she was born and you helped me save her... that's why her adoptive mother recognized you." the picture became a little clearer to me, yet I still didn't understand everything that was going on and would have to figure it out.

"Can you at least tell me who her mother is?" I asked hopefully, but he shook his head again and I sighed.

"You should awaken her magic so that she can protect herself better... it starts soon... the time is almost here." he gave me a quick hug and was gone again. When I turned around, I almost bumped into Sophie, who was looking at me with wide eyes, probably having overheard. She had tears in her eyes and before I could say anything, she threw herself into my arms and cried.

I patted her on the back a little awkwardly, but after a short while I returned the hug and hugged her to me.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she shook her head, sniffling, but then let me lead her to my room.

"Listen, we're not going to talk about this in front of the others, you being a witch has to remain a secret between the two of us as you're still in danger. We don't know who the enemy is and apparently she can't know who you are. I'm going to awaken your magic now, is that okay with you?" I asked her and she nodded shyly.

As if I were kissing her, in a non-romantic way, I carefully approached her lips, touched them lightly and gently breathed magic into them. Startled by the tingle of witch power that just went into her, she closed her eyes and fell backwards onto my bed.

"As soon as your power shows, I'll start training with you.... well... as soon as I get back from my little time travel." I explained to her as she opened her eyes again and sat up, breathing a sigh of relief.

"I feel so weird..." she mumbled and then half of my interior rose into the air.

"Telekinesis... that was fast... impressive."