more than a want (18+)

Noeul checked himself in the sun visor's mirror, reapplying a layer of lip gloss on his lips before getting out of his car.

He walked up to the door of the café that he, Peat and Santa occasionally visited; Boss started working part time there a little while ago to earn some extra money. It sat on a busy street corner in the city with a cute patio and the interior was covered in cool tones, giving the shop a mature atmosphere.

Almost every seat was taken, but there was no line at the register as Noeul made his way up. He smiled when he saw Boss over by the espresso machine, dressed in his signature all black and hair tied into an attractive bun, his figure sticking out amongst the other employees around him.

He was working with a concentrated scowl on his face as he measured out the milk, and Noeul thought that furrow in his brow was the cutest thing in the world.

It was when he turned around to put ice in a cup that he caught Noeul's eyes, expression changing into a bright smile. "Hi, love! I'll be with you in a second!"

"No worries! Take your time," Noeul waved him off with a giggle.

He watched Boss ask one of his co-workers to run the drink out before rushing over to the register, a blush painted along his cheeks. "Hi, love," he greeted again. "How has your day been?"

"It's been good. Just got done scrubbing down one of our hearses and I'm in desperate need of some caffeine and thought it would be good opportunity to finally come and see you," Noeul replied, smirking as Boss' blush deepened. "How about you? How's your day?"

"Better now that you're here," Boss flirted. Now it was Noeul's turn to blush. "Do you want a latte? Or just a drip?"

"Hmm, actually," Noeul thought for a second. "Can I get an iced chai with two shots of espresso please?"

"Of course." Boss started typing in the order. "Oat milk?"

"Yes, please, thank you." Noeul fished his wallet out of his bag.

"Are you gonna go back to the home? Or were you planning on sitting here a second?"

"Uhm, I think I'll take the drink to go just in case," Noeul answered, seeing the way Boss' eyes slightly dimmed.

He finished paying and made sure to leave a hefty tip before sitting at one of the tables, unable to keep his eyes off his boyfriend as he talked with one of the workers while making his drink.

Out of his peripheral vision he saw two other employees staring at him as they talked, the chill music playing not loud enough to cover up their conversation.

"Is that Boss' boyfriend? He doesn't look like a mortician."

"It's gotta be. Did you see the lovesick look on their faces? I feel like I got a cavity just watching them be so sweet to each other."

"Oh my god, he's so pretty. I don't know who's luckier."

Noeul bit back his laughter, warmed by the supportive way they spoke about him and Boss. It never occurred to him to worry about how other people perceived Boss and him, both individually and as a couple, but it did ease his mind knowing Boss' coworkers were kind.

It took just a minute for Boss to bring him his chai, on his face was the adoring look reserved just for Noeul.

Noeul took the drink with a gracious smile. "I'll see you later, right baby?"

Boss eagerly nodded, soft eyes contrasting with his sharp eyeliner. "Dinner's still on with your parents?"

A gasp tore from Noeul's lips. "Oh my god, I almost forgot."