Chapter 19

"I think I should drive," I say angrily. I don't care for Eli much right now, but I don't want to die either. He tries his best to pull the driver's side door open but his is too drunk to make out the problem: He hasn't even unlocked the doors. "Did you hear me?" I say louder.

"Yeah, sure," he shrugs and walks over to the passenger side. I take the keys out of his pocket swiftly, trying my best not to touch him so much or for so long. I unlock the car and he throws himself onto the seat.

"So where to?" A part of me asks obviously because I have no idea where we actually need to go, but another part asks because I want to rub in just how much he fucked this up for us.

"North End, I got an.... a.... check my phone. There's a...." but he couldn't find his words. I take his phone out of his hand and see an address typed into his notes.

"Wow, hard at work still huh?" I asked surprised.

"Always," he replies with a smile as he closes his eyes.

I drove quietly for some time, other than the sounds of the GPS directions, silence was all I had. I wished so badly that Elijah would wake up and just tell me what was on his mind. At this point, I'd take any explanation. I just felt like I was owed one. Because now there have been two occasions of an almost something happening between us and I just need to know what they meant.

Was he just feeling sad about Cal and Simon? Was he feeling sad about the love he lost? Was he feeling angry at the Gods for the world we live in? Was he so hateful of me that he would do anything to invade my thoughts and make me second-guess myself?

The closer I got to the address he typed up, the more nervous I got. Where was I going? What was this place? Another safe house for is this the place Logan was at? I'm not ready to meet him. I'm not...

"Mind not driving like a crazy person?" Elijah said smoothly. "You act as if you haven't driven a day in your life."

"I just got distracted," I say shyly.

"As always."

"Hey asshole? How about lighting up a bit? I did us a favor by driving as to not get us killed and subsequently letting you sleep. A thankyou would be nice."

"How long until we are there?" Elijah says, ignoring me.

"About 10 minutes. Where are we going by the way?" From the corner of my eye, I can see Elijah moving around and searching through the bags in the back seat. I hear a bunch of metal sounds but it isn't until he sits down fully that I can make out what he is doing. My eyes widen in shock.

Elijah cocks his gun and smiles at me.

"We are going to go meet your boyfriend."