14. Bilogical Warfare

EDITED

The following day when the sun had risen, the crew went to the site of the Exodus crash

The following day when the sun had risen, the crew went to the site of the Exodus crash. They were going through the ruble for answers regarding the crash. There was no question that every person on this ship had died in a fiery explosion. Athena and Clarke stayed isolated from the group but stayed together. Both of the young girls felt a comfort in each other's company due to the mutual understanding. Bellamy kept a cautionary eye on the green eyed girl, only wanting her to be okay.

Last night, the girl broke when she saw the crash. Although, she didn't let anyone else see her cry other than the Blake boy. Even in his company, she stayed strong. Bellamy did not want her to conceal the emotions she was feeling but of course Athena being Athena didn't show weakness. That was one thing her father taught her. Even when you feel weak. When you're at your braking point. Don't let anyone see that you're crumbling. Never show weakness, Athena. If you do, they win. His words ran through her mind.

Athena loved her father dearly no matter how much he had hurt her. He was not always a bad father. He was the person who would kiss her injuries when she was a little girl. The arms she would run to after a horrible thing happened to her. He was who she confided the most in. She regretted not talking to her father before he died. She regretted him dying thinking that his daughter hated him. As much as she wanted to hate him, she couldn't help but love him. He was her dad whom she would always love.

Smoke was coming out of different areas of the crash site. Dead bodies were black of soot. Athena felt absolutely sick to her stomach thinking that one of these lifeless bodies was her father.

"Clarke and Athena shouldn't be out here." Finn said with concern lacing his voice. Most of that concern being targeted towards Clarke. "Their parents were in the ship. They are looking for answers." Raven explained moving boulders. "You wanna help her? Find me the black box, hard drives. Anything that will help explain why the ship crashed."

Athena came across another body. This one being around the same height as her father. She placed a hand over her mouth in shock. Bile rose from her throat. She turned leaned down, emptying the contents of her stomach. Seeing a body that was most likely her fathers made the girl feel absolutely sick. Bellamy rushed over pulling her strawberry blonde hair out of the way. He rubbed small comforting circles on her back.

"Thanks, Bell." She sighed out, truly appreciating the gesture. "Grounder retaliation is coming after what happened on the bridge." The Blake boy let out. "Can you blame them?" Finn asked, clearly still upset after the meeting went to shit. Athena did not have the heart to be mad anymore after the Exodus ship crashed. She had much bigger things on her mind. "No, I blame you." Bellamy sassed back at the Colin boy, clearly annoyed with the entire situation. "Maybe if you didn't bring guns-"

"Okay, enough if this bs. Both sides screwed up. Whatever happened on that bridge happened. We can't do anything to change it, so lets just find what Raven needs so we can't get the hell out of here" Athena spat out in utter annoyance. "Clarke, stop!" Raven exclaimed as Clarke came into contact with a weird liquid.