Final Days

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello My lovely readers!😍
As promised I'm back with a new jikook story✨. It's been quite a while but I have hope that y'all will give this story a lot of love.

Please don't be a silent reader 😅. Your comments mean a lot to me and it's very important for me to know your likes and dislikes about this story. It helps me improve,so don't hesitate to express your thoughts💜

Enjoy the story, Happy reading!✨

__________________________________________________

'Run.'

'Run as fast as you could jimin..'

'This is your only chance to run.'

'To live.'

'To be free.'

Those words kept running inside jimin's head as he took each step towards a ferry that is about to take him to his favourite place. About to get him to his freedom where he got no chaebols chasing after him. No bodyguard tailing his whereabouts and no people to stare at him every day of the week like he's some kind of trash.

His wounded feet and a swollen eye didn't seem to bother him much with the need to get to his safety numbs his mind completely. He runs and runs and runs with his small bag with only 2 pair of clothes and a pack of cookie hanging loosely from his shoulders and a ticket to jeju clutched tightly in his palm.

People always stared at him back at his work everyday for different reasons. Whatever he did it's always news for them to gossip about. Which is why the judging stares of the people who are already waiting to board the ferry in the waiting area didn't bother him. The place is clean and spacious. The AC works perfectly fine to cool down his warm and sweaty body. But Jimin would've appreciated it if they're already inside the ferry,moving towards the place he's so desperate to reach. A 12 hour ride is already long enough to make him go crazy with overthinking and the extra wait before he even started his journey is torture.

His hands tremble,sweat trickling down his temples and chest moving up and down in the process of making his body relax after a good hour of cardio. But there's nothing that could get his mind to relax and get back to how it was 2 years back. When the speakers blared with robotic music before a voice of a woman following after to announce they're all set to check in inside the ferry and the ride starts at 11. 30 PM, which is still 5 minutes away.Jimin's knees are already giving up the fight to be steady.But as long as he gets inside the ferry without getting caught, he'd survive from this,he thinks.

The crinkled ticket in his palm and the swollen eyes,and a not so clean white shirt got him the suspicious look from the checking officer that he expected might get him into trouble before boarding,but fortunately he's allowed inside with only some judgmental looks. Dragging his feets inside,he goes straight to a room where everyone placed their bags before going out to take a look around the ferry. Excited to enjoy their trip to Jeju with their friends and families.But Jimin couldn't afford to enjoy the view nor did he have anyone to spend his time with. If anything,this trip is solely to save himself from the tragedy. To protect himself.

There's no energy left in him to stand on his feet anymore. As soon as he lets his bag slip past his hands, he slides down to the floor with a heavy sigh leaving his lips. He tilted his head back and let it smack against the wall,eyes closing in an attempt to give it a temporary relief.

For three years,he was scared,he hid,he endured. And today he tried to be brave,he tricked them, he escaped. Even in this moment,his mind begs him to open his eyes once again,to check out his surroundings,to confirm that he's really safe somewhere. But his body didn't have the energy to hold up anymore. He is exhausted.