Chapter Four: The Soul

Chapter Four
...

Izuku felt One For All course through his body its power familiar yet also unfamiliar as he felt himself on the verge of something unknown. He wasn't sure what it was but now wasn't the time for distractions, he launched himself at Mahito, punch after punch all with the intent to put Mahito down yet with every punch Mahito only seemed to grow bored.

"I thought you'd be a little more interesting, then again I can't complain when I'm the one who overestimated heroes in the first place." Mahito said with an exaggerated yawn. Manipulating his own soul was easy, but against such a bland opponent, it felt too dull, almost as if it were a waste of his ability. He could sense that Yuji and Junpei were almost finished with the transfigured humans. This Deku wasn't worth this technique, but Mahito had been dying to test it out on someone.

The activation time would have been risky if he were facing Satoru Gojo, but against a hero who couldn't even use Jujitsu, it would be child's play. Mahito clasped his hands together as he opened his mouth wider speaking the words. "Domain Expansion: Self-Embodiement Of Perfection." The words seemed to echo around Izuku as a seemingly infinite set of hands began to close around him in seconds. "You lose hero." Mahtio taunted as he began to activate his technique.

Mahito suddenly shifted from his domain to a room that was unfamiliar to him. Surrounding him were eight figures. Somehow, they redirected the power of his soul manipulation to this realm where he was unable to manipulate the soul. The realization hit Mahito hard as he realized that Izuku Midoriya, despite not knowing Jujutsu Sorcerery, was able to recognize the contours of his soul and the souls that resided inside of him.

"Leave this place." All eight figures began to chant their will, expelling him from his own domain. Across his chest, he began to feel his own soul crumble in the face of these eight great wills. Mahito knew at his current rate he would be unable to attack Izuku's soul directly, but that didn't leave him off the table. Exiting the domain, Mahito jumped backward only to be met with a fist to the back of his head, which sent him to the ground. For the first time, he could feel blood pouring from the wound.

"Sukuna's vessel, Yuji Itadori, you also can see the contours of the soul." Mahito growled as he saw Yuji standing tall with Junpei at his side. Mahito understood that he was at an extreme disadvantage, it was one thing if only Izuku was aware of his soul, but if Yuji Itadori joined it, he was going to suffer a loss. Mahito didn't feel too bad about what he'd have to do however, there was no shame in a tactical retreat and he knew he could strike on more blow at Junpei's new friends by ending the brats life.

Mahito observed Junpei, seeing how the little human had overcame his grief. "Junpei, do you really think the Jujutsu Sorcerers will ever accept you?" Mahito's words reeked of manipulation, and as a wave of pain crossed Junpei's face, it was clear he was unsure if he could fight against him.

"Don't listen to him, Junpei, you're my friend." Yuji yelled as he put a hand on Junpei's shoulder. The gesture drawing Junpei away from Mahito's control. The words of a manipulative curse falling to dust in the face of Yuji.

The action enraged Mahito who leapt at Yuji, altering his body to be faster than ever, it would only take a touch for Mahito to put a permanent end to Yuji Itadori. Geto's plan could go to hell for all Mahito cared they could defeat Satoru Gojo without Ryomen Sukuna's power. Despite his will to end Yuji Itadori the moment Mahito's hand touched Yuji Itadori and activated Idle Transfiguration he was yet again transported to a different realm.

This one was much different than Izuku Midoriya's, filled with blood and bones that were stacked to create a makeshift throne upon which the King Of Curses Ryomen Sukuna sat. "You dare enter my space, you are a disgrace who can't even defeat a Jujutsuless human." His words weren't filled with venom or hated. Instead, they were built up on a foundation of indifference. Ryomen Sukuna was a man who didn't quite care about the world or its meddlesome problems.

"I'd recommend learning something from this." Sukuna said as he waved his hands, causing a slash to cut though Mahito from his shoulder to his hip. Blood spilled, adding to the pool at Mahito's feet as he looked upon the King Of Curses. "Assuming you won't, however, I'll make sure you the next time you trespass will be the last." Those words were the last Mahito heard before the world around him became the wretched school as he fell to his knees barely able to stand due to the damage from Sukuna.

Mahito looked at the ground, then to the three boys who opposed him and began to laugh. It was a cold laugh only a curse could emit, the coldness radiating sick insincerity as he got to his feet. "You, Jujutsu Sorcerers, think you're protecting something, but you can't hope to put an end to what's coming." He said as wings sprouted out of his back as more blood poured out of his mouth from his gaping wound.

"Stop him." Izuku yelled as he used One For All to leap at Mahito only to miss the cursed spirit by mere inches. Despite his wounds, Mahito was able to manipulate his soul to create a body that was aerodynamic enough to avoid a hit from Izuku. Mahito broke through the barrier and flew away, leaving Izuku only able to watch as he landed on the ground next to Junpei and Yuji.

"Dammit." Yuji said, clenching his fist before looking at Junpei to see if he was all right before looking at the falling barrier exposing the bright light of the sun on the ground. He turned to say something to Izuku but noticed that Izuku was frozen in place, at his neck was a blade familiar to Yuji, the hands, face, suit, and glasses belonging to Kento Nanami.