Chapter Six: Drinks With Friends

Chapter Six
...

Izuku Midoriya sat in Might Cafe, a famous cafe based on the old Number One hero All Might. It had been a week since the incident with the cursed spirit Mahito and since then Izuku had been spending a majority of his time doing research with Mei who was ecstatic to find out how deep the tendrils of her theory truly were. Despite her theory being correct, Izuku was unable to defeat any curses having to retreat on multiple occasions.

The leading theory was that Mahito's body is related to some soul energy that other curses didn't have control over. This would normally be a strength, but in this case, it allowed Izuku to land blows on Mahito but not other curses. While there was no written texts about Jujutsu Sorcerery in the modern Era Izuku found some answers hidden in Heian Era texts. Historical accounts of a Ryomen Sukuna who was described as the strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer.

Using this, Izuku deduced that a Jujutsu Sorcerer's use of cursed energy was connected to curses. It was all connected, and as Izuku read more into what he once assumed were myths, he found accounts of Six Eyes, Tangen, and a ritual known as the Star Plasma Vessel However, despite finding these stories, he was unable to find anything about a Jujutsu Tech besides a few websites that were fronts for the school.

Mei had looked at his research and left to search for more clues, leaving Izuku alone with a few extra pairs of glasses. Izuku had wanted to go with her, but Mei refused as it was harder to work on her babies with him around. This left Izuku to his own devices, and he needed to tell some people he could trust. While All Might was his mentor, the man was the old Symbol of Peace, he held a duty to Japan, and while he could keep a secret, Izuku knew it would devastate the pro hero. This left Izuku with the option of telling the only people who could keep a secret like this.

A sharp chime ran out as Bakugo and Todoroki walked into the cafe, picking up on where Izuku was sitting before the green haired boy could signal them over. Bakugo seemed annoyed, yet that was the usual for Bakugo. The angry blonde's temper was legendary, and despite being a student at the most prestigious hero school in Japan, his temper had not mellowed out.

"God dammed nerd!" His voice boomed, causing the patrons to turn their heads to look at the rowdy teen making his way to Izuku. Behind him, the quieter Todoroki seemed to fade behind his aura of wraith.

Todoroki's hair was half crimson half snow, matching his own ability to control both fire and ice. The intensity of the red came from his father, the current number one hero, Endeavor. While Todoroki wasn't fond of his father, both he and Bakugo were training underneath the hero as part of the UA school curriculum. Impressed with Bakugo's showings in the Kamino incident a few months ago, Endeavor had invited him to join his son for the internship.

The trio had talked about Kamino only once. Despite everyone making it out alive, they have never come closer to death than when in the presence of All For One. All For One was a criminal lord and the one who retired the previous number one hero All Might ending the first Era of peace. The trio had each felt responsible in their own ways for the Era of peace coming to an end, and it had brought them closer together despite their differences.

One such difference is the embracement, Todoroki and Izuku felt being seen with Bakugo during his outbursts. Neither would bring up this complaint to Bakugo. However, knowing it would only increase the strength of his rage and focus it upon themselves.

"I sent an email." Izuku said, trying to keep his voice low to avoid garnering any additional attention towards him or his friends.

Bakugo slammed his palms on the table, shaking Izuku’s glass of water, causing droplets to cascade through the air and drip onto the table. "You managed to type the most vague and cryptic message I've heard since we got that lecture from Nezu." Bakugo said seemingly more calm then when he entered but still displeased with Izuku. Even as he sat down, he kept a sharp scowl across his face.

"He has a point you normally aren't this vague when it comes to messages, I had a huntch you got kidnapped." Shoto said, sitting down next to Bakugo before picking up the menu to order something. Shoto was raised in wealth due to his father's status and power within the hero community, so just sitting in the restaurant without ordering felt wrong.

Izuku understood where both of the boys were coming from as he pulled out two pairs of glasses. "You won't believe me if you don't put these on." Izuku explained as he put on his own pair.

Bakugo looked at Izuku suspiciously. "You expect me to put on nerd glasses so we can all match. You've had a lot of brain-dead ideas, but this takes the cake." Bakugo yelled.

A waitress walked by the table and dropped off a plate of fries in front of Izuku before walking off. The All Might Cafe specialized in more American meals due to the pro hero's connection with the United States. Izuku wasn't sure what to say as he knew if he outright tried to explain curses, he would just seem insane.

Shoto picked up the glasses and put them on his face, and looked around, settling on the booth across from them. "Izuku, what is that?" Shoto said, his voice filled with shock and surprise. On top of the booth's table was a rather small curse that seemed to resemble a frog and a medium-sized dog. It seemed to notice Shoto look at him as it began to growl.

"Knock it off icy-hot you and Izuku aren't gaslighting me into thinking you can see Yokai." Bakugo growled.

"Put the glasses on you'll see it." Shoto said his voice that of shock and disbelief as the curse slowly grew closer reading an attack his body inflating as it sucked in air like vacuum.

Reluctantly Bakugo complied putting on his glasses and looking at the creature. For the first time since Kamino Bakugo was stunned, he considered it being a part of some prank, but the creature was too realistic to be a mere hologram. Now that he saw it, he understood why Izuku had called him here and why he had kept the secrets he had kept. Whatever this creature was, it had been there the entire time without Bakugo being aware of its presence. "Deku, what the hell is that!" Bakugo yelled

"That's a cursed spirit, quirk attacks won't affect it." Izuku explained as his heart began to race, he had chalked up this curse to be the passive type, not reactive. Izuku wasn't sure how he would defeat it or even if it was possible. Even as the bells chimed and a tall blonde woman walked towards their booth, Izuku kept trying to compute ways that they could defeat the curse.

"I'll blow it to smithereens." Bakugo yelled in response, his bravado and ego on full display for all to see.

The tall blonde took off her sunglasses and winked at the boys. "So tell me, boys." She started to say as the curse lunged at her only for the women to smack the curse away, instantly crumbling the curse into dust. There wasn't any sign that she had the strength to instantly take out a curse, yet it was undeniable that she had. "What kind of girls are you into?"