Chapter Two: School Days

Chapter Two
...

Yuji ran faster than he had even ran before as he entered the veil in order to stop his friend from making a mistake he wouldn't forget. Junpei was being consumed by his anger and if things were left as they were he would certainly become a murderer. Yuji could not allow Junpei to become the cause of more death in the world. No matter what happens, he would save Junpei even if he had to save Junpei from himself.

Yuji ran across the courtyard to the gymnasium building where he could tell cursed energy was being used. Yuji wasn't sure what Junpei was doing, but if this path continued, it would lead into a fight. Running faster, he lept through the door, crashing through it as he locked eyes with Junpei.

"What are you doing, Junpei!" Yuji yelled as Junpei turned to him, his eyes empty and almost void like in their appearance. His dark hair covered half of his face as he glared with contempt. The Junpei that Yuji befriended seemed non-existent. Yuji understood why he would be upset, Junpei was close with his mother, and for her to die in the way she had was a tragedy.

"Stay out of this Jujutsu Sorcerer." Junpei said his words were venomous and filled with malice. Junpei was willing to fight Yuji if it meant that he could take the revenge that he so desperately needed. Nothing but the suffering of those who had cursed his mother would be able to relieve the pain that weighed so heavily on his heart.

Yuji didn't take Junpei's words personally. He understood they came from a place of loss and anger. "Junpei stop this you don't have to go though with this." Yuji said pleading with Junpei.

Junpei just glared at Yuji as if he were nothing but simple steeet vermin, something to despise and detest. "If you were my friend you'd understand why I have to do this." Junpei said his face determined as from behind him his shikigami floated, it's appearance like that of a white jellyfish with two black eyes and yellow tendrils that sparked with electricity. "But that's what I get for expexted anything from a Jujutsu Sorcerer." Junpei said spitting on the flor near Yuji's feet.

"I don't want to fight you." Yuji said, hoping that his words would pacify Junpei. He didn't want to fight his friend, even if Junpei was doing something evil that didn't mean the good memories he had with him were gone. The Junpei he befriended was still in there even if his desire for vengeance was clouding his judgment.

"Then stand there and die Yuji." Junpei yelled as his Shikigami moved to attack Yuji beginning a fight between two friends who stood at opposing sides. Their battle promising to be one where neither side could back down without compromising their ideals.

...

On the rooftop a curse stood feeling Junpei's anger as he began to fight the vessel for Ryomen Sukuna. The curse stood tall, his hair long and his face covered with patchwork scars. His name was Mahito, and he was a disaster curse. Mahito and the other disaster curses found a partnership with man known as Suguru Geto.

Suguru was thought to have been killed when his night parade of one thousand demons failed to defeat the Jujutsu Sorcerers in Shibuya over a year ago. Geto was presumed dead after his fight with Yuta Okkotsu. The casualty rate was so high that even pro heroes like All Might and Endeavor were drawn to the scene however due to their inability to see curses, they chalked it up to a massive gas leak.

Mahito let out a chuckle as he thought about how pathetic these so-called pro heroes were. They couldn't even see curses, of course if a hero became a Jujutsu Sorcerer it would be catastrophic. Yet such a combination would be absolutely impossible as Jujutsu Sorcerer's despised pro heroes with a passion.

Opening the roof door Mahito walked down the stairs each step getting closer to his first meeting with Sukuna's vessel. The thought made him think about Geto's remark about him looking like that dammed terrorist Tomura Shigaraki. To be compared to a human was detestable but he wouldn't kill Geto. Their partnership was necessary and Geto held no love for Jujutsu Sorcerers or humans.

A part of him wondered if he should have brought Jogo but he had gotten himself decapitated by Satoru Gojo. Mahito wouldn't make that mistake, he was powerful and of course he wasn't outright challenging Satoru Gojo to a battle. The Six Eyes and Limitless combination was tricky but if anyone could find a counter it would be Geto. Geto and Gojo, once friends now bitter enemies.

Below him Mahito could hear the sounds of Yuji and Junpei fighting, feeling his cursed energy clash with Junpei's shikigami before they grew to a crawl. Mahito wasn't surprised after all Junpei was human, a human to be manipulated to his whims. Yet all of this was just so he could draw Sukuna out of Yuji Itadori.

Junpei was on his knees, tears down his face as Mahito reached the floor he and Yuji were on, a smile crossing his face while he outstretched his hand as he spoke. "I guess it's nice to meet you, Sukuna's vessel."

Junpei turned his head noticing Mahito and quickly he went to yell something before the window behind him shattered catching every member of the trio off guard. Standing in the hallway in-between them was a pro hero wearing goggles and a green suit. Junpei recognized him instantly as the boy who was on TV for taking down the Yakuza boss. This was the Deku, the one who was taking Japan's youth by storm .

"Tomura Shigaraki I've found you, I won't let you hurt any more innocents." Izuku Midoriya yelled as he stood ready to put an end to what he believed was Tomura Shigaraki.