Kafka (HSR)

Pause for Effect
(Y/n X Kafka) (Little bit of Aventurine X Y/n)
_________________

[FWB to lovers][Kafka is Jealous of Himeko][Kafka gets jealous of Aventurine]["You belong to me, not her"][Yandere-ish Kafka][Touch Starved Kafka][Dom Reader][Kafka is afraid of being more with you][Kafka "doesn't" want true love]
___________________

  "Are you sure this is even allowed, Y/n? Didn't we get in serious trouble doing this last time?" March leaned across her chair to speak to the much taller man on the mission with her. "It's just me and you on this one, so it's not like we have a whole lot to fall back onto here."

"Hm? Did you say something, March?" Y/n put his cards down and turned to the pink haired beauty next to him. "Are you still worried about this?" He laughed a little. "I told you I got this covered. Don't worry."

March sighed. "That means quite literally nothing. You said we'd be fine on that Oil mission in Belobog and then we were in cells for a week." She crossed her arms and gave the man an annoyed look.

The two Astral Express members were in a Penacony Casino making their rounds across the floor. They were on a simple mission to locate and mark a particular Gambler In the area, and it was going okay so far, but Y/n liked to press their luck whenever the chance came.

"The man with the white hair." The card dealer called out, earning both March and Y/n's attention. "Are you calling it now or rolling over your deck?"

Y/n looked down at his cards again, only raising it enough for him to see and no one else. He had a horrible draw.

Penacony's version of this game was different from what he remembered—He needed a Triple Crown, which could be achieved with three of the same card. This could be done in a multitude of ways. Three of the same color, same number, same symbol, or same angle of the number in the corner. This allowed him 800 different combinations to try and match, but he didn't have a single one.

He looked up to see his three other competitors, his eyes narrowing. They all carried a unique expression, none of them really showing any information on what they're deck was.

"Just roll over with everyone else, Y/n. You don't want to risk a bad game." March argued in a whispered tone.

Y/n nodded. "You're right." He grinned and raised his hand, while also pushing all his chips in. "I'm calling it now. All the chips on this one."

"W-What!?" March was permanently damaged from this idiotic move.

Everyone at the table seemed a little shocked at this move. To call it so early on was a disastrous move. It typically meant an early out and no more chances to win, so no one really did it, only the most confident or foolish.

"Calling it so soon seems quite risky, don't you think?" Everyone's attention, even Y/n and March, turned to one of the players to the left. Aventurine. "I like the play, but can't say I fully understand it." He looked up at the man.

Aventurine had a calm and coolness about him that attracted other people, but for the first time, he was attracted to someone else's shine. "What's your name, Player?"

"Y/n." He rubbed his fingers over his card, his eyes locked on the stranger. "I don't need to ask for your name, you're famous around here. The Golden Gambit they call you."

"Ah, yes, one of my many titles." Aventurine chuckled, but then looked back at Y/n. "You're not too bad yourself, Stormchaser."

This sudden Name drop made both March and Y/n freeze up a little. They were notorious around these parts and carried a bad name, so this was typically a death sentence for them.