⋆ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 25 ⋆

Third POV

Everyone was enjoying the haldi ceremony. The elders first applied haldi to Yag, followed by the young couple. The same was done with Mishti.

Ana sat a little apart from the crowd, watching with a small smile. She was happy to see her Bhaiyu enjoying . Seeing her family happy and at peace without any problems made her feel content.

Waiters were serving sweets. One of them offered Ana a bowl of hot halwa, which she accepted gladly.

As she ate, she realized it contained cashews. This puzzled her, as her Dadda was allergic to cashews. Why were they in the halwa?

She scanned the crowd for her Dadda and saw him chatting with others, holding a bowl of halwa. Her heartbeat quickened; if he consumed it, the allergic reaction could be severe.

As she was contemplating this, she heard a notification on her phone. Seeing a warning message from her 'monster,' her face paled.

'  Tsk, tsk. Such bad timing from your Dadda...

Remember this, little kitten: do whatever you want, but if they find out, it will be your family's last day of happiness. '

She had to save her Dadda without getting caught.

Without hesitation, she moved quickly, intentionally bumping into him, causing the hot halwa bowl to fall. Unfortunately, it spilled onto her hand.

"Oh my god, Ana, are you okay?" her Dadda asked worriedly, seeing her burnt hand. Everyone got tensed.

But Ana was unconcerned about her injury; her main concern was her Dadda's safety.

"Ana, is it burning? Please tell me," Shivansh appeared, worried, gently cupping her face.

She shook her head. "No, it doesn't. Don't worry," she signed.

"Oh my god, Nav, the halwa had crushed cashews," Meera exclaimed, noticing it.

"Thanks to Ana, you're safe," Ekaksh sighed in relief.

Without another word, Shivansh led her away, concerned about her burnt hand. He took her to a room and applied ointment to her hand.

"How can you be so careless, Ana? I can't stand seeing you hurt," Shivansh frowned, blowing gently on her burnt hand.

"It doesn't hurt me. Trust me," she signed with a soft smile, touched by his concern.

"Why?" he questioned, making her freeze.

'Because I endure worse pain than this,' she thought but couldn't bring herself to tell him.

Seeing her hesitation knowing the reason must be something in the past , he hugged her, not only to comfort her but also to calm his anger at those who had done this to her.

Suddenly, both of their phones chimed with incoming messages. They parted from the hug, looked at the messages, and then at each other in confusion.

Ana POV

Right now, my brothers and I, along with Shivansh, are sitting in the conference room of Singh Enterprises. We have an urgent meeting because we've signed the biggest project of our careers with them. What I didn't know was that ANYA also signed on.

Today the weather is hot, and my mask isn’t helping.

Soon, Mr. Singh entered with his assistant.

"Good evening, everyone. I apologize for calling this urgent meeting," he said. We all nodded in acknowledgment.