⋆ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 50 ⋆

Third POV

The urgency of the situation snapped everyone into motion. Saad, still carrying Shivanya, led the way as they hurried toward the vehicles waiting nearby. There was no time for questions or hesitation—only a desperate need to get Shivanya to the hospital as quickly as possible.

Arnav, the eldest, quickly took charge. “Yug, Yag, clear the way!” he barked, his voice laced with authority. The twins nodded and sprinted ahead to ensure the path was clear for Saad. The rest of the brothers followed closely, their faces pale with fear and worry. Shivaay clung to his mother, Aarti, who was trying to hold back her own tears, silently praying for her daughter’s survival.

As they reached the cars, Saad gently placed Shivanya in the back seat of one of the SUVs, his hands trembling slightly as he adjusted her to make sure she was comfortable. “Isha, Vaishnavi, stay with her in the back,” he instructed, his voice tight with emotion. “Keep talking to her—she needs to hear your voices.”

Isha and Vaishnavi scrambled into the back seat, their hands immediately reaching out to hold Shivanya’s cold, clammy ones. “Shivi, you have to stay with us, okay?” Isha whispered, her voice cracking. “We’re almost at the hospital. Just hang in there a little longer.”

Vaishnavi nodded, tears streaming down her face as she gently stroked Shivanya’s hair. “You’re not allowed to leave us, Shivanya. You promised we’d always be together. We need you to keep that promise.”

The doors slammed shut, and without another word, Arnav jumped into the driver’s seat, his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly. He threw the car into gear, and they sped off toward the hospital, the tires screeching against the pavement. Behind them, the rest of the family piled into the other cars, everyone focused on the singular goal of getting Shivanya the help she needed.

The drive to the hospital was a blur of flashing lights, honking horns, and desperate prayers. Isha and Vaishnavi continued to whisper words of encouragement to Shivanya, though their own voices trembled with fear. Saad kept glancing back at her, his heart pounding in his chest. He had seen her take the fall, seen the life drain from her eyes, and yet somehow, by some miracle, she was still holding on.

Arnav’s mind raced as he drove, his thoughts a chaotic jumble of fear and guilt. *I should have protected her. I failed her.* The guilt was crushing, but he forced himself to push it aside. *No, she’s still here. We can still save her.*

As they approached the hospital, Arnav’s voice rang out in the car, “We’re almost there, Shivanya. Just hold on a little longer.” He glanced at her through the rearview mirror, his eyes filled with a desperation he couldn’t voice. The hospital loomed ahead, and he pressed down on the accelerator, not caring about the speed limit.

As they arrived at the hospital, the flashing lights of the emergency entrance casting a harsh glow over their tense faces. Arnav barely had time to put the car in park before he flung open the door and rushed to the back seat.

His heart pounded in his chest as he carefully lifted Shivanya into his arms, her lifeless body feeling far too light, too fragile. The weight of her condition pressed down on him, but he couldn't let it slow him down.

"Get a doctor! Now!" Rudraksh shouted as they burst through the emergency room doors, his voice echoing through the sterile halls. The staff immediately snapped into action, recognizing the urgency and the gravity of the situation.

A doctor hurried over, his eyes widening slightly at the sight of the royal family, but he quickly composed himself. “Lay her down here,” he instructed, directing them to a gurney. Arnav carefully placed Shivanya on it, his hands lingering for just a moment as if afraid to let her go.