Chapter 9 - Life is good

Tim's pov:

Tim) "I can't wait to marry you either someday."

Lucy smiles at me and we enjoy each other's company as I drop her off at her apartment for the night.
——————————————————

A week passes
Lucy's pov:

I'm sitting down on my bed all dressed up from going to a wedding of an old highschool friends and debating if I wanna take a bath before I hit the hay.
Bzzzz bzzzz
Oh! Tim is calling me.
I pick up

Tim] "Hey Luce. How's it going?"
Lucy] "Oh y'know just doing nightly contemplating"
I chuckled

Lucy] "It's good to hear your voice.."
Tim] "Back at you... Hey Gray called me a minute ago and said we're needed at the station in roll call room? I'm not sure why but it seemed important, meet you there?"

Lucy] "I haven't had time to change from the wedding but sure."
Tim] "It's no problem, I don't think we have to take action. Bye love you."
Lucy] "Love you too goof."

I hang up and smile
Welp guess relaxing and taking a bath will have to wait.

I pull up to the station and walk in to the roll call room just to see what I never expected. Every furniture item had been cleared out of the room and it was just Tim in a suit and ...no Sgt Gray.... What is happening...
——————————————————

He's standing there smiling at me with his hands crossed and I look around the room and there's stringed lights everywhere, candles everywhere you look, flower petals everywhere and all the windows were blacked out so all the lights were even brighter and it looked like a starry beautiful night.

I was stunned

Lucy) "Tim?! What is all this?

He walks closer to me and grabs my hand

Tim) "Lucy you know I'm not the very sentimental type but..."

I look around the room
Lucy) "You sure about that?"

He chuckles

Finally it clicks in my brain and the tears start to form in my eyes

Tim) "All this time I never knew that the one who was willing to wait an eternity for me was you.
     The one who made me a better man and encouraged me was you.
     The one who accepted me at my worst...it was you.
     The one who put up with all my anger and grumpiness was you...
     The one who loved me like no one did before was you.
     The one who went through so much so that we could be together was you.
     The one I never wanna live without is you and the one I will forever love is you...."

I stand there shaking, still holding his hand and crying some. He's literally the sweetest. He gets down on one knee and I put my hand over my mouth. He opens a box with the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.

Tim) "Lucy...will you do the honor of marrying me and becoming my wife?"

AHHHHhhhh it's really happening!!

Lucy) "Tim......

I see his face drop slightly
——————————————————

Lucy) "Of course Yes!"

His smile returned to his face and he held my face and kissed me.
I hugged him and realized tears were now coming down his face.

He grabs the ring from the box and places it on my left ringfinger

It feels so weird seeing that there