Is this it?

Hey pookies.

Enjoy the lore

(And the angst)

-

"Williams has had one of her psychotic relapses again."

Someone in a white labcoat, holding a clipboard chatted to one of their co-workers who was dressed in something similar.

The co-worker snickered. "Why am I not surprised? She's always been so dramatic."

That was what an eleven-year old Valerie overheard from inside of the room she was in, watching two of the nurses chat outside of her window. She couldn't help but feel her jaw clench at the hurtful words, hands becoming fists despite their handcuffs.

She'd only hurt a few people, what was so wrong with that? Sure, they were innocent bystanders, but they were in her way! And she's been taught to pave her path, whatever the cost.

The brunette had these little psychotic episodes more than she'd like to admit, but it was just when the world around her got a little too much for her. After all, she was still a kid. But she didn't feel like one.

She noticed her girlfriend at the time-- Brooke-- a young, south african girl who attended the academy, stand in front of her cell door, utterly horrified.

The fact that blood and mascara was spread across Valerie's face really didn't help her case. She had a bitter taste in her mouth as she noticed the look on her face, seeming to shift around, ashamed.

Brooke had never seen any of her 'episodes' before.

"Brookie, please..." the young girl begged, looking up at her with pleading eyes. "please- please don't leave..."

But as soon as the words left her mouth, her girlfriend turned.

"goodbye, Valerie." She said coldly, walking out of the room, leaving Valerie to mellow in her own thoughts.

was she nothing but a psycho?

Is that all she was destined to be?

Her face shifted from fear to anger.

She was going to show them psycho.

-

And that's what Valerie had been mellowing in for frog knows how long.

Haunted by the memories of her past, feeling doubt about things she could have done better, hearing the voices in her head that she hadn't heard since she burned the academy to the ground.

She'd killed innocent people so many times.

Why?

She found joy in it at the time, but looking back on it-- it just made her feel sick.

She'd wanted to be better.

That was the sad thing.

But every time she got just that little bit better, her principal would call her into his office.

"just a drink, darling!"

"come on, a pill won't kill you. Don't you wanna feel good again?"

"You're losing yourself, let me help you with that~"

She shivered just at the sound of his voice echoing around in her head. To say she'd been reliving her trauma would probably be the right description.