4.2

Cassie checked her phone from the back seat of the car. She looked at photos and saw one that was fairly recent, of a gasoline container and matches.

"What the-?" Cassie whispered, looking at the picture closely.

"You're a witch, aren't you?" Stiles broke her out of her train of thought when speaking up.

"What?" Cassie looked over at him.

"You haven't told us what you are, but I did some research." Stiles replied. "I'm just wondering why you tried to keep it a secret."

"It's not something that people are happy to be." Cassie glared daggers through the back of his head.

"Why? Because of the immortality thing?"

Cassie put her phone down and noticed Derek growing paler by the moment. He took off his coat and held onto his arm.

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay?" Stiles told Derek. "We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Derek looked over at him

"Your house." Stiles responded

"What? No, you can't take me there." Derek replied

Stiles scoffed. "I can't take you to your own house?"

"Not when I can't protect myself."

"Katie's there, looking for a different solution to this." Stiles parked up on the side of the road and looked at Derek.

"Why'd you stop?" Cassie asked.

"What happens if Scott doesn't find your little, magic bullet?" Stiles asked Derek. "Hmm? Are you dying?"

"Not yet." Derek replied, looking down at his arm. "But I have two last resorts." He looked over at Cassie.

"Oh no! No! Derek. No!" Cassie shook her head.

"What? What is it?" Stiles asked them both.

"You've healed me before." Derek told her

"I healed you after a fire." She reminded him. "I had the fear and pain of fires to help me."

Derek lifted up his sleeve to reveal the wound.

"Oh my god! What is that? Oh," Stiles gaged. "Is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."

Cassie sighed and grabbed hold of Derek's wrist. Her nails began to glow purple as well as the veins around Derek's wound.

"Start the car. Now." Derek told Stiles

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay?" Stiles replied.

"Stiles. Start the car." Cassie raised her voice, her hand firmly on Derek's wrist. "Go to the Vet Clinic."

Stiles sighed and started the jeep, beginning to drive to the vet clinic.

-

Once they arrived at the vet clinic, Cassie helped Derek out the jeep and inside to the back. Stiles close behind. Derek took off his shirt for a better view of the wound and leaned forward against the table. Cassie pulled out her phone to call Katie, while Stiles did the same for Scott. She put her phone on speaker and set it down on the table.

"Is everything okay there?" Katie asked through the line.

"Yeah. Scott's looking for a magic bullet and we're at the vet clinic. Is everything okay on your end?" Cassie asked

"I haven't found anything." Katie sighed. "And I'm on my way to you guys."

Katie hung up the call and Cassie put her phone back into her pocket. A similar time to when Stiles did.

-

Katie soon arrived and walked over to them. "Has Scott found anything yet?"

"Not yet." Cassie sighed. "But I'm hoping he will."

Stiles pulled out his phone and looked at a text message from Scott. "Does Northen blue monkshood mean anything to you guys?"

"It's a rare form of Wolfsbane. Why? Is that what it is?" Katie asked, and Stiles nodded.

"Tell Scott to bring it here. I can fix up a way to reverse it for now though." Cassie walked over to the cabinets to look for herbs.

"You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of." Stiles looked at Derek's wound.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." Derek breathed heavily.

"If it reaches your heart. If!" Katie looked at him.

"'Positivity' just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles asked Derek, who began to look through the cupboards.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time," Derek opened a drawer. "Last resort."

Cassie walked over to Derek and grabbed his arm. She looked at the wound and pushed a herb into it, making Derek yell out in pain. "I'm going to need some anger or pain to fuel me for this." She looked over at Katie and Stiles as she covered the wound with her hand.

"What do you want us to say?" Stiles asked

"Anything that'll get me pissed off." Cassie told him

"Think about your brother!" Katie quickly said, and Derek's wound began to glow purple underneath Cassie's hands. "Your father."

"Do you have any exes?" Stiles asked, unsure on the whole situation.

"Remind me to not kill you after this for bringing that up." Cassie glared at Stiles.

"Noted." Stiles gulped.

Derek lurched over the side of the table and coughed up what looked to be black blood.

"Holy God, what the hell is that?" Stiles coughed.

"It's the healing. My body's trying to heal itself as well." Derek explained, his arm clenching up.

"Well, it's not doing a very good job of it." Stiles said, his face scrunched up.

"Is there any way to make this faster?" Katie asked Cassie.

"I'm going as fast as I can." Cassie tightened her grip on Derek's arm.

"Cassie." Katie grabbed one of Cassie's wrists so Cassie would look over at her. "Think of the fire. Not the Hale fire. But the witch fire."

Cassie turned back to Derek and closed her eyes again, the veins on Derek's arm turning purple.

"Stiles?" Scott walked into the room.

"Scott?" Stiles looked over at Scott.

Scott looked at Cassie and Derek. "What's going on?"

"So, it turns out, Cassie's a witch, and now she's trying to heal Derek as much as she can while we waited for you." Stiles explained as best he could to his friend.

"Did you get it?" Derek asked Scott, and he handed a gold bullet to Derek.

"Cassie." Katie pulled her away, but she didn't open her eyes.