iii. Since I knew you

┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉

"I want so badlyto protect you from the world because I know all too well how bad it can be"

"I want so badly
to protect you from the world
because I know all too well
how bad it can be"

Hye-Jin's unexpected burst of enthusiasm and joy for attending school had taken her family by surprise, considering they had always known her as 'Jinny, the student who dislikes studying but excels academically'. Despite her reputation, Hye-Jin felt grateful for the opportunity given to her by fate to start anew. Utilizing Im Sol's timepiece, she found herself capable of journeying back in time, with her primary objective now being to avert Sol's tragedy, rescue Sun-Jae, and express her emotions towards him openly.

"I'm going to school!" Hye-Jin enthusiastically declared while clutching her purple backpack straps tightly as she left her home, showing eagerness to arrive at school to meet Sun-Jae, without delaying for her sister to complete her breakfast

Hye-Jin hurried to school, adeptly navigating through the students in her way with a broad smile. She appeared to be the sole individual exhibiting such eagerness to reach the school premises, yet her pace abruptly slowed when she observed Sun-Jae, who was positioned with an umbrella, observing the school entrance as though in search of a specific individual.

"Sun-Jae..." Hye-Jin softly uttered with a gentle smile, yet her expression dimmed as she reflected on his untimely demise in the future. This sorrowful recollection notably affected her mood, as the detailed memories rendered her feeling exceptionally exposed

Hye-Jin's eyes filled with tears as she observed Sun-Jae smiling with Baek In-hyuk, evoking in her an overwhelming feeling of joy. The surreal experience of witnessing his smile once more sparked vivid recollections of encountering him strolling through the hallways of her company, where he would occasionally grace her with a smile that captivated her. As she recollected, a downpour began, the chilly raindrops soon trickling down upon Hye-Jin's head, yet she remained oblivious, her focus fixed on Sun-Jae, who promptly unfurled his sky-colored umbrella, resulting in an immediate locking of their gazes.

Hye-Jin's heartbeat quickened and she felt a surge of emotion as she longed to reach out to him in a warm embrace. In the meantime, Sun-Jae, upon noticing her standing in the rain, immediately moved towards her with his blue umbrella to protect her.

A memory quickly resurfaced in Hye-Jin's mind of a time when she found herself at the entrance of her workplace, confronted by a heavy rainstorm without an umbrella. She had no choice but to wait for the rain to ease up slightly before making a dash for the bus stop, as she had loaned her car to Hyun-joo that day due to her own vehicle breaking down. Resigned to her fate, Hye-Jin released a long sigh of annoyance, determined to make it to the bus stop even if it meant ruining her designer clothing. However, just as she took her first step and felt the raindrops hitting her head, a kind individual appeared before her, shielding her from the rain with a yellow umbrella.