ii. Tell me it's not a dream

┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉

"It really is the little things that matter the most"

that matter the most"

Hye-Jin experienced a combination of emotions including confusion, disappointment, and disillusionment, yet most of all, relief. She was puzzled by the circumstances that led to her being in her 18-year-old body instead of her actual 34-year-old self. She felt let down that she couldn't have prolonged her time with Sun-Jae. The disillusionment arose from Sun-Jae's failure to recognize her, making it challenging to reestablish a connection with him. Nonetheless, Hye-Jin found solace in the fact that Sun-Jae was alive, well, and safe, ultimately prioritizing his well-being above all else.

"Why am I not waking up from this dream?" Hye-Jin pondered silently while strolling aimlessly by the roadside, taking in the tumult that surrounded her. "I was looking for Sun-Jae's watch" she murmured, glancing at her bare wrist in realization. Searching the folds of her school uniform skirt, she eventually uncovered the treasured item "I found it. I did find it. But then..." In a sudden moment of clarity, a profound realization dawned on her, leaving her momentarily breathless. "It cannot be," she exclaimed in dismay upon noticing a bridge in the distance that bore resemblance to those depicted in folklore and Korean television dramas.

Im Sol's tale of bridges to the afterlife lingered in her mind as a faint memory. Hye-Jin stopped in her tracks, her lips slightly parted as she looked into the distance.

"When a person is at the end of their days, the body remains, but the spirit ascends. That spirit crosses the bridge over the River of Three Crossings and travels to the underworld"

"By chance, am I dead?" Hye-Jin wondered silently, overcome with astonishment, grief, confusion, and fear, contemplating her own mortality. With her eyes widened, she gazed down at the wristwatch clutched in her hands, struggling to make sense of her surroundings, it was the only plausible explanation

Hye-jin was deeply bewildered by the situation, uncertain if she had passed away, entered into a dreamlike state, or somehow transcended time. The level of ambiguity surrounding her circumstances left her utterly perplexed, to the point where she had no intention of proceeding across the bridge. The prospect of death and potentially venturing into the afterlife was a daunting one for her, as she felt unprepared for such a journey. As a result, she found herself crouched on the ground in front of the bridge, cradling her knees and holding the wrist watch in one hand, her expression devoid of emotion. Her dark, tied-back hair cascaded over her face, which she made no effort to clear.

"Hey" Sun-Jae, who was walking past, paused in front of her, looking down at her with a puzzled expression. Without a response from Hye-Jin, he knelt in front of her and inquired, "Hey! What are you doing? Hey!" Sun-Jae lightly touched her arm, causing her to sway and accidentally drop the watch she was holding. "Sorry..." he quickly apologized, glancing at the watch on the ground, which mysteriously felt familiar to him