i. Say goodbye

┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉

"I know I'm going to miss you for the rest of my life"

the rest of my life"

Hye-Jin was meticulously reviewing the last documents on her desk, approving certain ones. She had been occupied with numerous activities in the past few days, overseeing collaborations with multiple artists to support her fashion line. Her calendar for the entire week was packed with tasks, particularly with the imminent arrival of the most significant event - the unveiling of the new makeup brand she had dedicated years to developing. The launch needed to be flawlessly executed.

Her fashion company was inherently successful, being recognized as one of the most popular clothing brands in the nation. This was a source of pride for Hye-Jin, who took great satisfaction in her achievements. Nonetheless, as is often the case, there were drawbacks. In truth, if given the opportunity to go back in time, she would opt for a more serene lifestyle. The demanding responsibilities of being a CEO and overseeing her own business were draining, leaving Hye-Jin feeling thoroughly disillusioned. Despite the privileges her family enjoyed thanks to her efforts, Hye-Jin found herself with little time off and feeling utterly worn out.

Therefore, Hye-jin had been engrossed in work throughout the day, and she now found herself tasked with retrieving her sister from Eclipse's concert. While Hyun-Joo had escorted Im Sol to the event, it fell upon Hye-Jin to collect her. The nocturnal ambiance accentuated the city's allure from afar, prompting a content smile from Hye-Jin as she navigated towards her destination. Driving along, Hye-Jin caught sight of her sister on the roadside with a man shielding her from the snow under a black umbrella.

Hy-jin subtly honked twice to catch their eye, and once their attention was captured, Hye-Jin positioned the black car behind the already parked vehicle. Lowering the window of the car, she greeted Im Sol with a smile, causing her to nervously chuckle upon her arrival. Hye-Jin's focus quickly shifted to the man standing before Sol, prompting her to express her realization with a sudden opening of her mouth.

"I guess my sister is here to get me" Im Sol remarked with a grin, redirecting her attention to Sun-Jae. Hye-Jin, on the other hand, unfastened her seatbelt and exited the vehicle to aid her sister in entering since she relied on a wheelchair "Thank you so much for today" Im Sol nodded subtly, although Sun-Jae appeared to be focused on Hye-Jin, it appeared that merely catching a glimpse of her left him enchanted, a dynamic that eluded both sisters' awareness.

Sun-Jae offered a subtle gesture of respect to Hye-Jin, who responded warmly. Even though Im Sol was intently focused on her idol before her, Hye-Jin positioned herself beside her car, exhibiting patience as she awaited Im Sol's conclusion of the conversation with her idol. She acknowledged the rarity of this occasion and perceived that Im Sol probably considered it a realization of a dream.

"Take this with you" Sun-jae offered his black umbrella to Im sol, courteously lowering it to her reach, eliciting surprise with his thoughtful action

Sol immediately interrupted by saying, "W-Wait, h-hold on!" while reaching into her compact handbag "I'm sorry I don't have anything to give you. But you like this, right?" she mentioned, extending a small container of Sun-Jae's preferred candies. "Can I give it to you?"