Against My Will - Chapter 7

Nick's P.O.V

it's been quite a busy week! I've been spending about 4 hours a day with Jazz and for the first time it wasn't against my will, I actually wanted to spend time with her.

the family are starting to accept the fact that we're getting married except my mother, she still doesn't like her but she's trying her best to give her a full chance to let her in.

I won't say "I'm in love" but i definitely reached the point of calling her "a friend". we had a long talk and agreed to have a mature relationship because we both have an aim and one cause....Philip's happiness.

she agreed on playing "the perfect supportive wife" role and the same for me to her but with the title of "husband" also to keep each other keen on what the other is doing in order not to face any dilemmas.

but i don't know something deep deep in me wanted more.

today is Saturday, so i decided to ask Jazz if she wants to come and watch me and my team play. it's a game for charity so all money goes to good cause foundations.

i went upstairs and knocked on her door.

*knock knock*

"come in" said a voice from behind the door

i slowly opened the door then entered.

"good morning"

"morning" she replied with a smile.

i noticed that she was very happy unlike yesterday

"you're...glowing" i said

"uhhmm yeah" she replied cheerfully

"may i ask why?"

"uhm it's just that Denise came and talked to me this morning" she said even more cheerfully

"Denise?"

"oh i'm sorry i mean Mrs.Jonas came and talked to me" she said in a serious funny tone

i laughed at her

"and how did it go?"

"it was actually better than i thought it would go"

"really?"

"yup, we also made breakfast together"

"that's wonderful"

"yeah"

*an awkward moment of silence*

"sooo, can i borrow you for the day?"

"excuse me?" she laughed

"today my team is having a friendly game with another state team so i was wondering if you'd like to come? maybe cheer for me..us?"

"this sounds incredible, count me in"

"cool"

i made an exit from the room leaving her to get ready as i instructed her that we will leave in 3 hours.

i spent a while in my room reading a book that i was trying to finish but then it hit me.

for the first time, an old song describes a new feeling?

this might sound weird but i've never wrote a song that described another person...

when i wrote Black Keys 5 years ago about a woman who never existed in my world but in my mind she did.

i dreamt of her for a whole year and every night it was different story, a different chase.

i couldn't get my mind off of her when suddenly the dreams stopped hitting me.

she always appeared like a dream to me, sitting on a piano stool playing the piano in a low key sound.

she was magical but i never saw her face.

and till now her vision still haunts me.

for a moment i drew Jazz as that girl, who loves the night, who prefers to be alone, who believes in herself.

as i was dipped into my emotional thoughts, a knock on the door took me out of my bubble.

"hey Nicholas"

"hello grandpa, come and sit"

"are you writing a new song?"

"no not yet, i;m just fooling around"

"i wanted to ask you something"

"sure"

"when's the big day?"

i didn't want to upset him cause of his medical conditions....i just thought that this won't happen so damn fast.

"uhhmm i don't know, ask Jazz"

"funny she replied the same as you"

i got shocked from his answer

"well i guess she gets to choose this, i mean she didn't pick the groom."

he looked at me with a sarcastic look then left the room, as soon as he left i went back to my thinking bubble.

"She hates the sun cause it proves she's not alone

And the world doesn't revolve around her soul

She loves the sky cause it validates her pride

Never lets them know when she is wrong"

it's like the words are meant for her.

the day i saw her on the roof and the way she was looking at the stars, so beautiful.

just how she views it with so much pride in her eyes, that's what's makes her so special.

i love how her beautiful hazel eyes colour collides with the sky's reflective lights and how they shine and glow.

how her innocence is showing when she smiles,

how she never calls her hair curly nor straight she prefers it "wavy"

i've got to known her in 6 days? it's impossible.

it's impossible to feel close to someone like this and you only known them for a week?

but she's the kind of person that you feel so warm, cuddly, safe and happy with by just being in the same room with them.

is this is what they call love?

i never understood what love was really like.

but could it be?

can this be a sign?

are we meant to be?

but how come are we meant to be if grandpa is the one who set us up?

i always believed that one day i'll start a family with the woman i love, who could truly make me feel happy and i will be determined on making her smile everyday but how was that supposed to happen if i am not the one to choose her?

Jazz is perfect...but is she for me? 

------------------------------

hello, i'm really sorry if this chapter is short and also because i haven't been writing alot lately but it's because i just finished my monthly exams and honestly, it's been a really really messed up week! studying and blah blah!

so super sorry about this but i promise to write more :)

hope you like it xx

COMMENT/FAN/VOTE xx