Chapter 10

Dekha tenu pehli pehli baar ve
Hone laga dil bekaraar ve
Rabba mainu ki ho gaya
Dil janiye main tera hi ho gaya
                                           ~Dekha tenu

Dekha tenu pehli pehli baar veHone laga dil bekaraar veRabba mainu ki ho gayaDil janiye main tera hi ho gaya                                           ~Dekha tenu

In the morning, I woke up , completed my routine, and slipped into my signature boss lady attire. As I descended downstairs, dressed in my signature boss lady attire, Jiya's gaze landed upon me seated at the kitchen counter, enjoying my morning coffee. Her conversation with the unknown man came to an abrupt halt, her attention captured by my presence. A warm smile spread across her face as she turned towards me to greet me.
"Good morning, boss," Jiya greeted me, her voice filled with cheerful energy. The mysterious man, who had been engaged in conversation with her, shifted his attention towards me as well. I took a sip of my coffee, returning her smile with a nod of acknowledgment.

The man standing with her glanced over his shoulder at me, his expression unreadable. I could only see his tall, well-defined silhouette from behind, confirming my guess that he was my new bodyguard.
"Morning ." I reciprocated the morning greeting, but my response felt somewhat forced. It wasn't intentional, but the words came out a bit strained, losing their usual warmth and sincerity.
" Boss, meet your new bodyguard , Kabir ." Upon hearing his name being taken , Kabir turned around to face me . Unexpectedly , we both made eye contact and it was a deadly eye contact as if we were piercing each other's soul with our eyes , trying to decipher each other's inner self. But it was broken by the next sentence Jiya said ,

" He is going to be your bodyguard from today onwards . I have checked all the details and for the first time , I think that you won't fire him easily. " My eyes locked onto his again , a mix of anger burning within me. I exhaled forcefully, the sound of my sigh filling the room. "Or han , ye tumhare sath har samay rahega. For protection babes." She winked at me after whispering the last line .
(And yes , he will stay with you at all times .)
"First things first, I have no need for a bodyguard," I stated firmly. "The idea that you'll be shadowing me constantly is ludicrous. And secondly, I don't require a driver; I can handle driving myself. I was looking for a qualified bodyguard, not a nanny."

"I know you don't understand my perspective, boss, but you need to co-operate . Your safety is a priority, even if you believe you don't need protection. It's crucial to be careful when dealing with others, especially if you're the one standing in the frontline ."
I clenched my jaw, feeling the weight of their insistence upon me.
"I understand your concerns," I replied, trying to keep my tone measured. "But I want to make it clear that I do not appreciate being treated like a fragile damsel in distress. I can take care of myself, and I have no intention of being constantly shadowed or babysat."

"Please boss , I am not asking much . Just co-operate a little." Her persistence was starting to annoy me and i thought of putting an end to it .
"Jaise mujhe ghanta farak padta hai . Jo karna hai Karo ." As I walked away from the two people, I couldn't help but notice something peculiar - he hadn't spoken a word during the entire conversation. This struck me as odd, as most people would at least respond with a few words in return. I pondered over this as I made my way back to my room.
( As if i care . Do whatever you want to .)