Part 2 : Inclusion

Monsoon season was about to begin in a few days so the palace was being prepared with necessary modifications. Windows were being cleaned , mats were being removed to add straw made mats so it is not slippery in open areas of the palace. Ajabde was overseeing this in the personal quarters with Sakku and a few other maids of Ranima. She loved rain so she was eagerly waiting for the first rain of the season. She feels happy seeing greenery everywhere standing on top of the terrace from where she could see aravali ranges on the far and the Chittaurgarh city in all its glory. Also a small part of her knew but did not dare accept she felt happy these few years because the monsoon meant He would remain in the palace with no plans of expedition or any other activities outside the city.

Just when she instructed all the things that needed to be done and turned around to go to her chamber, Kunwarsa entered the courtyard to go towards Ranima's chamber. He always met Ranima to have breakfast with her after his daily morning exercise and martial practice whenever he was at the palace. Although Ranima invited her as well she had avoided all this while to provide the privacy to mother and son to have their time as she felt they hardly got time otherwise with Ranima busy with managing various enterprises of her own and Kunwarsa been away in Gurukul and having taken the responsibility of stately affairs as soon as he came back.

Although Ranima always insisted she was as much a family as Kunwarsa, she used to have breakfast in her chamber when Sakku came in the morning.

Kunwarsa, who was in a light cream with a simple embroidered khadi upper clothing with a slightly yellowish dhoti walked briskly across the courtyard watching the workers across him.  A simple gold chain and a small star shaped ear stud were the only jewellery on him. He did not wear his pagdi if there is no official work so his slightly long length hair was flowing with the breeze. With a broad shoulder and tall stature he looked intimidating.

He noticed her only when she was right in front of him in the verandah looking at him.

"Kunwarsa" Sakku bowed slightly while Kunwarsa nodded.

"Are you overseeing them? Why this early morning?" he asked Ajabde  pointing to the workers in the courtyard.

"Kunwarsa, nowadays it is becoming hotter during morning time itself indicating the onset of monsoon soon, so Ranima suggested doing it early in the morning" she replied looking down suddenly feeling nervous.

"You had breakfast?" he asked showing her way forward to go towards Ranima's and her chamber

"No. was about to have it now " She said, following him with Sakku slightly behind her.

"I am having breakfast with Ranima. Want to join us?" he questioned looking at her turning his head as she was slightly behind him.

"No no Kunwarsa. You please go ahead" She hesitated

He stopped and waited for her to catch up "Why? Do you prefer solitude while eating ?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Uhh, nothing...nothing like that. It's .. it's just that you would like to have some good time with Ranima. I would be a nuisance" she clutched her lehenga looking down.

"Nonsense. Ranima would be happy to have you. At this point I have a feeling that she loves you more than me. I should be bothered by that but I am not somehow" He chuckled looking at her and then said "Join us. We do not discuss some personal secrets if that's what you imagine and since we discuss state affairs i think you can be active participant since you seem to have all the confidence in the world when it comes to that " slightly smirking.

"Kunwarsa, but Ranima..." she asked nervously following him as he turned right.

"Let's see what will be your  Ranima's reaction today. I bet she will first take your name when we enter. If so you will have to join else you can leave" he said walking briskly

As she almost ran to keep pace with him they were at the door of his mothers chamber.

"Arey Ajab" they heard her voice from their left . Ranima was holding a beautiful bronze tumbler in front of Tulsi. Praying and watering Tulsi is a daily ritual of Ranima which sometimes Ajab did as well when Ranima was busy.

Ajabde's eyes widened while Pratap chuckled looking at his mother. "Ma, you know you just proved me right that you love her more than me" he teased.

His mother raised her eyebrow looking amused "oh good that's because i do" she came forward patting Ajab's cheek.

"Gosh ma, loving is another thing but outright accepting it this is hurtful" he gave a dramatic sigh but entered the chamber indicating he really did not mind.

Ranima, still holding Ajabde's cheek, asked "Bachi, anything you want?"

"She is having breakfast with us." came the answer from inside the chamber.

"Wow. My son managed to do something I could not do for years. Hmm" she teased and holding Ajabde's hand entered the chamber but not before requesting Sakku to get Ajab's breakfast here.

As Ajabde sat with Kunwarsa and Ranima having breakfast she saw a completely different Kunwarsa. Although she knew Ranima and Kunwarsa had a very lovely relationship she had only seen some glimpses but what she saw today was nowhere close to what she had expected. Kunwarsa teased , whined and even got angry with his mother the way a small kid would in front of his mother and what's more they did it in front of her. Ranima even included her in such teasing and Kunwarsa did not hesitate to contribute as well. All in all she felt relieved and when she was out of the chamber she was happily grinning which was quickly pointed out by Sakku. " I felt like I am part of a family for the first time today, Sakku" she replied, walking towards the chamber. Sakku felt her eyes water hearing this. "Keep my Ajabde Baisa happy like this always Eklingji" she silently prayed before running behind her happy Baisa

A/N

Baisa: It is used in Rajasthan for addressing ladies of higher status.