68

When Prem and Boun came back with coconuts, Earth and Kao took off their shoes and sat cross-legged on the mat, one in front of the other, Kao held Earth in his arms. Kao looked very happy, but Earth was more shy than before.

Prem gave Earth a coconut, and the four of them sat down to eat and chat. The news said that astronomers estimated that the meteor shower would occur at 8:50 p.m.

During the waiting time, most of the people around were the same, chatting and playing. Later, someone in the crowd took the lead in singing a popular song, and then many people followed suit. The atmosphere suddenly became lively, and many people turned on the flashlights of their mobile phones and held them high, like glow sticks in the sea of ​​people, and the scene was like a concert.

Prem and Earth were very lively, and they also held up their phones and sang along. This was the first time Boun heard Prem sing, and the noise around him was automatically blocked, and he only heard Prem's voice. He didn't know what it meant to sing well, but in his opinion, Prem's voice was definitely the most beautiful and moving.

After the song ended, strangers were moved by this gathering and applauded themselves and strangers. Another song that fit the occasion started, and the park was never silent tonight.

Prem was tired and leaned on Boun's shoulder, saying happily: "This is similar to the music festival I saw others attend in the video. It's so fun."

"Then I will accompany you to attend it next time."

"Will you find it too noisy?"

"A little bit. But I want to accompany you, always with you."

Prem's heart was hit, and he couldn't speak for a long time.

The vast universe is filled with people. Some people sing loudly, some whisper their love, and some look at each other tenderly, drowning in the eyes of their loved ones.

All this came to an abrupt end after the first meteor streaked across the sky, followed by all kinds of exclamations and excited laughter. Some people quickly pressed the shutter of their SLRs, some started live broadcasts with relatives and friends, and some quickly kissed their loved ones under the meteor shower, praying that kissing their loved ones under the witness of the meteor shower would keep them together forever.

The wonder and beauty of nature came into view, and everyone's mouth corners turned up unconsciously. Prem was hugged by Boun from behind, he leaned against his warm chest, looking up at the sky, afraid of missing any shooting stars.

After a minute of silence in the sky and the surroundings, the noisy conversations resumed, and everyone wanted to share their excitement.

"Prem, look over there." Earth shouted.

Not far in front of them, a boy teamed up with a group of friends, prepared colorful balloons and bouquets in advance, stood in the crowd, played guitar and sang love songs, and then knelt on one knee to propose to the heroine who was already in tears.

The attracted crowd spontaneously shouted "marry him, marry him." Prem was also seeing this kind of scene for the first time, and he and Earth stood on tiptoe to watch the excitement.

After the heroine answered loudly "I do", there was another round of jeers asking them to kiss. Seeing that they were shy, the friends around them played pranks again, causing the strangers watching the excitement to laugh.

"Are you jealous?" Earth asked Prem with a smile.

Prem shook his head.

Boun behind him frowned and clenched his teeth tightly, fearing that he could not hear Prem's next words clearly.

"Although this is also very happy, I don't like it. I think a proposal is a matter between two people. Proposing in public is too high-profile and ostentatious. If the person being proposed to doesn't want to, it would be very embarrassing to refuse."

Boun's mind instantly rehearsed the proposal scene he arranged, with Prem shaking his head with an embarrassed look on his face. Indeed, if it was Prem who was proposed to, he probably wouldn't know how to refuse. Maybe he would just laugh it off like the last time in the hypermarket.

Boun wasn't sure why Prem didn't agree to the proposal, maybe because Prem felt it was too soon, maybe because Prem wasn't ready to build a family with him, or maybe because he wasn't the most important person in Prem's heart yet.

Only the last possibility, was the most fatal and hurtful.

Boun's hands clenched into fists in his pockets, and his mouth was gradually filled with bitterness in his throat. After a long time, his fists loosened, and he took out his phone and sent a message to Kate: Proposal cancelled, no need to prepare.

Later on the way back, Boun received several work calls. Prem didn't know what happened, but he felt that Boun was particularly fierce today, scolding the person on the other end of the phone. Prem had to play the role of a good boy, not daring to ask or say anything.

The next day, because Roy had an appointment with Prem for lunch, Prem did not send Boun to the company, but went directly from home to the restaurant.

Roy didn't say what it was, but Prem had a clue in his mind. It was probably related to the last time he met Lian.

When they met, there was nothing unusual about Roy's expression. He just chatted about many irrelevant topics without any intention of getting to the point.

After drinking the fifth cup of tea, Prem couldn't help but speak first: "Did Lian contact you?"

"Yeah." Roy lowered his head.

"What do you think?"

Roy hesitated for a long time before saying: "I don't know how to say it..."

Looking at Roy's depressed look, Prem wanted to comfort him several times, but he still hesitated.

"Prem, Actually I have never forgotten her. It's not that I don't love her, but I'm afraid of going through it again." Roy still lowered his head and played with the spoon in his hand. "When we broke up, you saw how I got through it. I really don't want to go through it again."

"Roy, I still don't know why you broke up, but the last time I saw Lian, her eyes were red when I mentioned your name. What does this prove? It proves that she has you in her heart!"

Roy threw the spoon on the table and clenched his hands, as if he was sending some strength to himself.

"I have never mentioned this to anyone. It has always been a hurdle in my heart. I called you out today just to ask you to help me analyze it." Roy spoke quickly, as if he mustered up the courage to speak out his heart.

"You say."

"Back then, Lian's mother came to me and asked us to break up. After all, her family conditions are not just a little better than mine. She has already helped Lian choose the person she will marry in the future. Of course I disagreed, and I knew Lian would not accept her mother's arrangement. But not long after, I ran into Lian and another man who were very intimate and went into a restaurant to eat, and later I saw them kissing in the car."

Prem's mind was confused. Lian was cheating?

"Then that night, I received a message from Lian, saying that she wanted to break up. Then, she immigrated abroad." Looking at Roy again, his eyes were red. Even after so many years, he was still angry and sad. "Can you understand? My girlfriend cheated on me and then dumped me and ran away. I really wanted to deceive myself, at that time I saw wrongly. But she didn't even give me this chance."

"So, did you ask her why she did that this time?" Prem's tone became cautious.

"No. I don't want to ask. Any answer will only make me more embarrassed."

Prem knew Roy too well, so when Roy refused to tell the reason for the breakup, he stopped asking. Now that he knows the reason, he can understand why Roy didn't say it.

Roy is a man with great sense of propriety and responsibility. Even though it was Lian's fault back then, he never mentioned it to anyone and has always kept this dignity for Lian.

To Be Continued...