Chapter 30

Hey guys, this chapter is probably going to be longest one in the entire story so please bear with me. Okay here we go! 
           Amy woke up a few hours later only to find herself strapped to a chair in an abandoned warehouse. She looked around and when she saw Ethan she struggled and looked up at him with bloodshot eyes "What are you doing Ethan?Let me go right now!" "Sorry I can't. Did you really think I'ld just let you go after you finding out our family secrets?You must have a wild imagination" "So you're the ones responsible aren't you?" "Responsible for what" "Don't act dumb here,you know what I'm talking about" "Ah yes the deaths of Albert Fox and Martha Thompson. Listen love it's not like we wanted them to die but,they were getting in the way of our goal" "Goal, what goal?" "At that moment,three figures walked into the warehouse and upon close inspection, they turned out to be Ethan's parents. The young man who was with them seemed familiar to Amy but she couldn't recall where she had seen him before. The man noticed Amy's scrutinized gaze on him and chuckled "Hey there missie, remember me from the resort?" "So you were the man from that day who ordered Shawn to be..." "Well I actually wanted to drown him but I decided to have some fun first" "Why'd you do that?" "It's quite simple really,that idiot was getting a bit too close to finding out the truth about his grandfather so we decided to end him. Unfortunately,you showed up" "Why you son of a -" "Easy there Amy no curse words allowed " "Emily Williams" "Oh my goodness! you're not supposed to call your mother-in-law by her full name,it's a sign of disrespect" "Really?You ordered for my mom to be killed and you think I'll know about it and still smile and you mother-in-law? You must have gone mad" "Well I you know what all of this is Martha's fault" "What did my mom ever do to you" "Do you really want to know? Fine then. I and your mom used to be best friends since high school but I was always overshadowed by her. She was the one from a better family with better looks and grades than mine. Fine I accept that the compliments she got never went to her head and she was still a good friend to me. But then she did something that went over the top" "What was it?" "Back in our college days, I used to like a certain Thomas Thompson" "My father?" "Yes your father. Your mother knew what I felt for him and she still went ahead to date him and they even got engaged. But when I asked her about it, she just brushed it off by saying it was arranged by their families. Can you imagine!" "What does this have to do with my mother getting killed?" "Like I said before I came from a poor family and the Thompson family was the second richest back then. If I had gotten married to Thomas instead of Martha, I would have had a chance to change everything. My sister wouldn't have passed away due to her chronic illness. But luckily I met Jake and my life turned around for the better" "Uh uh but I still don't get why you had my mother killed" "Simple, I wanted revenge and to take away what she had" "But how did you manage to convince my mom to hand over the company rights to me and not Damian" "Fortune telling"  "Really?" "Yeah your parents are Christians but still believe in that old stuff. So since we had made that stupid commitment to get our kids married to each other,all we had to do was convince her to make you the heir because a female heir would have to transfer either partial or complete ownership to her husband. But what made it easier was your dad saying you should give him total control since he wants you to rest and stuff".
     "I get it now but what does Mr Fox have to do with all this?" "You do like asking questions don't you? Anyways we found out that he knew our secret so we eliminated him. But the best part is that the Fox family believed it was your doing since you were competing for a certain contract" "Oh my God. Doesn't your conscience prick you after what you've done at all?" "Conscience,oh please that annoying thing only drags you back. I've lost mine long ago" "So does that include your husband and this boy beside you?" "Correction he's my nephew and my darling Jake's the one who came up with the brilliant plan in the first place" "Interesting. So whatcha going to do to me now?" "Kill you of course duh. The only reason we told you the truth is because we never planned on letting you out of here alive. Collins, the guns please" "I see, four guns for a lovely family of four" "Aren't you afraid of death?" "Not really if I die now, it's a form of relief for me but you guys... you're not gonna have it easy" "Oh please. Aim!". All four of them aimed their guns at Amy and were just about to shoot when there was a loud crash as the door to the warehouse was broken through by a car.
     Some policemen came out of the car and they immediately subdued all four of them. Meanwhile Shawn rushed up to Amy and started to untie her "Are you ok?" "I am now that you're here". When Shawn had untied her completely, she rubbed her wrists and stood up to hug Shawn "Thank you for saving me, I really thought I was going to die back there" "It's ok, I'm always here for you uh?". Amy looked up and she could see Collins holding a sniper rifle and aiming for Shawn. She immediately turned around making him face the other way and just at that moment the gun was fired. Everyone heard the gunshot and the cops immediately ran out to catch him. Amy was  just about to fall to her knees when Shawn held her up"A...Amy?" "Turns out I'm going to die after all uhn". Tears started to drip from Shawn's eyes and Amy just smiled at him and used her thumb to wipe his tears "Don't cry,a man isn't supposed to cry" "Why,why did you do this?" "To protect you silly" "Please Amy don't leave me" "I don't think I can hold on for much longer " "Where's the ambulance, please get the ambulance Amy! Listen to me I have to tell you something to tell you I had to confirm my feelings but now I'm sure of them. I love -". Shawn hadn't finished talking when Amy's hand dropped to the ground "Amy, Amy!". The ambulance arrived at that moment and carried Amy to the nearest hospital. When the ambulance had left, some cops came in with Collins and Shawn was boiling with anger. He stood up from where he was and walked towards him only to grab him by the collar and start to punch him "You idiot!If  she dies, I'll never let you go. The cops had to separate them"Take it easy Mr Fox you're going to kill him if this continues " "Mr Fox!"
       Back at the hospital,the doctor had broken the bad news to Amy's family and Shawn and they all broke down. Shawn was frantically driving and soon lost control of the steering wheel resulting into an accident and he was also rushed back to the hospital.
      Meanwhile in a ward somewhere in the hospital, someone's pinky finger was slowly moving...