Chapter 54

Fifteen minutes later...
"Thanks for coming over Bruce" "No need to thank me, just doing my job. Don't forget what I told you to do ok?" "I won't. Say hi to Becky for me" "Sure thing, goodnight" "Night". Amy turned around to see Clara walking upstairs with a some  soup on a tray. She heard  some noise a few minutes later and immediately rushed to Shawn's door "What's going on" "He doesn't want to eat it" "And why is that?" "He doesn't like eating mushrooms, much less putting them in a soup" "Is he allergic?" "No,he just doesn't like em" "Well, he's gonna have to eat it whether he likes it or not" Amy took the tray from Clara and headed into Shawn's room "What are you going to do?" "Nothing, only gonna make sure he takes the soup" "But-" "No need to worry Aunt Clara,you can watch if you want to". Amy went into his room while Clara stood by the door. Shawn was laying on the bed slightly sober and looked at Amy as she set the tray on a table and sat down beside him "What are you doing?" "Making sure you take the soup" "Didn't she tell you?I don-" "Yeah, yeah you don't like mushrooms. But you need to take the soup if you're going to get better" "Says who?" "Bruce" "Oh" "Now you've got to eat unless you want me to get Vanessa here" "Fine,but what if the soup's been poisoned?" "You don't trust Aunt Clara?" "I do trust Aunt Clara, I just don't trust you" "Seriously?!" "Hmm". Amy sighed before getting up and she was about to leave when Shawn reached out and pulled her back "Where do you think you're going?" "Uh,to the kitchen" "To do what?" "Go get a spoon?" "Why" "So I can eat the
soup in front of you" "You're not going anywhere. What if you go down there to eat the antidote?" "What?" "You probably want me dead!" "If I wanted you dead, would I rescue you from  drowning to death?" "Makes sense. Still, use the spoon on the tray" "Aren't you a germaphobe?" "Doesn't matter" "Fine" Amy took a sip of the soup and looked at Shawn but he shook his head and urged her to take a few more. By the time he was satisfied,she had almost eaten half of the entire soup. "Happy now?" "Hmm" Shawn suddenly opened his mouth causing Amy to furrow her brow "What now?" "Feed me" "What?"
   Amy came out some minutes later and met Clara in the kitchen "How is he?" "Fine. He's already asleep though. All that's left is the cold compress" "Let me do it" "No need aunt you should get some rest. You've been busy all day haven't you?" "But what about you?" "There's no need, I was planning to stay up all night anyway. Might as well be of help" "But-" "Night aunt Clara,see you in the morning"
  The next day, Clara was cleaning the kitchen when Amy suddenly appeared startling her in the process "Amy you scared me" "Sorry, but where's Mr Fox?" There was a sound of footsteps and Amy turned around to see Shawn walking down the stairs "I'm also coming from my room" "But I-" "I have a walk-in closet, does that explain everything? Now I'm giving you ten minutes to get ready we're going to-" Shawn suddenly froze upon feeling Amy's hand on his forehead. She put her hand back on hers and heaved a sigh of relief "What are you do-" "You don't feel any discomfort do you?" "No but-" "See aunt Clara, he's fine" "Hmm, I'm glad. But are you sure you're okay?" "Of course I'm fi-" Amy nearly slipped and immediately hung unto the railings "You ok?" "Yeah, I just feel a little... dizzy" Amy suddenly fainted and Shawn held her tightly in his arms to keep her from falling "Amy, Amy wake up!" John walked in at this moment "Morning Mr Fo-" "Spare the greetings and call Bruce now! Tell him I'm on the way to his hospital. Got it?" "Yes sir,but-" "No buts Mason now hurry up" "Yes sir!" John ran out of the villa and Shawn followed behind him with Amy in his arms. Clarabelle saw the genuine concern on his face and couldn't help but fall into deep thought...
    Half an hour later;
Amy's eyes fluttered open and she was shocked to find herself in the hospital. What was it that happened? She was about to sit up when she was suddenly pulled back to the bed and she looked up to see Shawn staring at her"Bruce said you need to rest" "What happened?" "Apparently you've been working too much without resting properly. Also,you ate something you're allergic to" "What was that?" "Mushrooms" "I'm allergic to mushrooms?" "You're this old and yet you  don't know you're allergic to mushrooms?!" "I do now" "Oh my God" "It's not my fault, I never ate mushrooms before,so I didn't know I was allergic" "You've never eaten a mushroom all your life?" "It does sound crazy but, yes" "Whatever. I'm here to apologize" "Uhn? Apologize for what?" "I know I've not been such a good boss. Aunt Clarabelle told me about what I did last night" "Oh you mean the whole poisoning? I've already forgotten about it" "I'm being serious Amy, I'm sorry and I'll make sure to become a better boss" "It's ok. But promise no more drinking ok?And you're going to bid for the contract" "But-" "No buts Mr Fox,are you promising me or not?" "Fine, I promise" "Good" "Now you need to rest" "But I don't want to" "Amy?" "Fine"