Chapter 4

"What happened?" Grady asked as he let Elwin into Havenfield. Edaline came walking in as Elwin bit his lip before saying, "Sophie's gone." (I promise she's not dead) "WHAT?!" Grady yelled, looking very ready to throw something. Edaline just calmly asked, "What happened?" Elwin could not respond or speak, so he just gave the note Sophie wrote to Edaline.

Grady and Edaline paled as they read the note. "What do we do?" Grady asked, pacing in Havenfield's white living room. No one had an answer to Grady's question. While they thought in silence, there was a knock on the door, making them all sprint to the door. However, the person on the other side of the door was Mr. Forkle. "Is Sophie here?" he asked, peering through the door. "Sophie's gone," Edaline whispered, and that's when the chaos began. 

Before sunset, the whole collective and all of Sophie's friends were at Havenfield. They were all pacing and had no idea what to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sophie chose to go to the Forbidden Cities, where she would be a nobody, and somewhat fit in. And when she chose where she wanted to live, she chose Orlando, Florida, because that was where she always wanted to live in as a child. 

She was able to go to school, and make friends! Everything was..... normal and great! She got to enjoy the beaches and the weather, and her past started to vanish. She didn't need to be the Moonlark, she wanted to be Sophie Freeman. (that's not an error!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remember the plan," Mr. Forkle told Keefe for what had been the 100th time. Keefe straightened his grey champion baseball cap while he went over the plan in his head again. The Black Swan had worked for months to find where Sophie went, and how to bring her back to the Lost Cities. "You got this," Keefe told himself, as he lept to Florida.

Keefe had to squint as the bright Florida light shone in his eyes. "Should've brought sunglasses," Keefe muttered to himself. After finding some shade, he looked on his phone to find where Sophie was staying.

After a 10-minute walk, Keefe found where she was staying. She was staying at a condo right next to the beach. Keefe took the elevator to floor 9 and walked over to room 908. He really hoped it was the right person after he knocked. But as the door opened, a bunch of different emotions flooded him. And that's when he knew he found the right person. 

"You must be lost," Keefe said (I'm sorry I had to lol) as a bunch of emotions hit him. A very scared Sophie stood at the doorway. "I told you not to come back for me," she whispered, before grabbing his wrist and dragging him into the apartment. The apartment was larger on the outside, with a kitchen and an amazing living room in his view. It was very Sophie. "We couldn't get rid of Foster that easily," he said, smirking at her. She grimaced, "What's wrong?" Keefe asked her, "It's not Foster, it's Freeman." she mumbled.

After 10 minutes, Sophie still was not convinced to go back with Keefe, "Please, Sophie," Keefe begged, Sophie shook her head, but Keefe had one more idea, "Gignator will stay with you the whole time," Sophie sighed, then reluctantly agreed.

Then they leaped into the light. 

Hope you enjoyed it! Apartment idea above :)