Chapter 8

"You didn't listen," a voice said as she got out of the drugged haze. It was Fintan. "We told you!" he yelled, burning her arms. She had to bite her tongue to not scream. "I'm sorry!" she said, "I wasn't going to go back but then Keefe made me," she muttered. "Keefe was apart of this?" Gisela said, striding into the small room. Sophie swore under her breath, Shouldn't have brought that up. She thought to herself. "And as we promised, your punishment will be severe," Fintan said, and that's when Sophie knew it was the end. 

Gethen came into the room, and that's when she knew exactly what was gonna happen. They were gonna wash her memories. So, she did the only think she could think of, ask them to give her her telepathy for one more second to transmit one thing. "She can't really do anything anyway, and were washing her in a minute." Gisela said. So, they agreed. 

Everything felt clear once she got her telepathy back, but she didn't waste time. Sophie chose to transmit one thing to everyone she knew, 

Sing swan, spring swan, then let's fly, follow the pretty bird across the sky,

Call swan, fall swan, then let's rest, tucked in the branches of your quiet nest.

She said nothing else, then told Gethen she was done. That was when her telepathy was taken away again, and rough hands were placed on her temples. Right before her memories were washed, she kept telling herself one thing on repeat.

My name is Sophie Foster, and I'm the Moonlark

My name is Sophie Foster.... and I'm the Moonlark....

My name.... is Sophie Foster....

and.... I'm.... the..... Moonlark

Then it turned dark. 

Keefe POV:

Something had woken him up. There was nothing there. But all he heard in his head was....

Sing swan, spring swan, then let's fly, follow the pretty bird across the sky,

Call swan, fall swan, then let's rest, tucked in the branches of your quiet nest.

He recognized the voice right away, it was his girlfriend, Sophie. Without hesitation, he grabbed his imparter and began hailing her. No answer. He tried again, and again. It didn't work. So he called the next person he could think off, Fitz.

"What do you want Keefe?" Fitz grumbled, rubbing sleep out of his eyes when his face appeared on the screen. "Did you just hear...." Keefe began, "Sophie?" (OH HE CALLED HER SOPHIE)

Fitz stared at him dumbfounded, but then responded, "I think so? Something about a swan?" Keefe nodded, "That's her swan song!" Keefe practically yelled at him. Fitz swore under his breath, "I forgot about that, do we hail Forkle?" Fitz wondered. Keefe hastily said, "Call him, go to Havenfield, now." Then he hung up.

I love being a writer bc I can do anything lolz :3