Chapter 9

Paige Case opened her eyes, with the same phrase playing in her head, 

My name is Sophie Foster, and I'm the Moonlark.

She had no idea what that was. Sophie Foster? Moonlark? What was that? Who was that?

Paige got off her bed, and walked downstairs. Her sister, Amila, almost made her fall down as she ran in from off her. Amila was only 8, (with blond hair and brown eyes like her sister) but was already up to chaos. 

"AMILA!" Paige shouted, running after her down the stairs, then grabbing her by her collar. "MOM! PAIGE IS HURTING ME!" Amila shouted, squirming in her grasp.

Amila's and Paige's mom came inside, "Stop it!" she said, grabbing Amila. She had hair just like her daughters, but green eyes instead of brown. "Now are you gonna eat breakfast or not?" her mom said, dragging them to the kitchen.

Breakfast was just eggs and bread, but it was perfect, because Sophie didn't like to eat much, anyway. 

After breakfast, she headed over to the Highschool across from her house. The school was good, but she didn't have any friends there. So, she took out her phone and put her airpods in. Blocking out all the noise. 

After a long day at school, she grabbed her violin from her room and ran to the city bus. Once she got to downtown Chicago, she grabbed her violin from the case and began to play her favorite song, Espresso. (play the song now!!)

Once she finished her performance, people began to put change in her violin case. While her performances did give her money, it wasn't a lot. So she usually saved it for books and tech stuff. A boy with ice blue eyes and blond hair came up to the case as well, and left a $20 tip for her. "Thank you so much!" Paige said happily, "I really appreciate it!" The boy smiled back at her, then ran off. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's definitely her," Keefe said as he came back into the alleyway where Mr. Forkle and Fitz were. Fitz peered through the alleyway and tried to find Sophie. "Did she recognize you?" Mr. Forkle asked Keefe. He shook his head, "Her emotions seemed really calm and grateful too," Mr. Forkle started to pace, "Her memories had to be wiped," he mumbled. "Can I try something?" Fitz asked, getting up from the ground. Mr. Forkle nodded, and Fitz ran out of the alleyway. 

Fitz ran to Sophie, and threw a $20 tip in her violin case, "Oh thank you so much!" Sophie said, smiling. "You're welcome, Sophie. You play really well!" Sophie stared at him. "My name is Paige," she mumbled, "I've heard that name before, and something about her being the moonlark." Fitz bit his tounge, mad at the slip, "Sorry, you look a lot like one of my old friends," Fitz said, Sophie/Paige nodded, "That's okay, thank you so much for the tip!" Fitz smiled, then ran into the alleyway again. "That was weird," Sophie/Paige mumbled to herself. "Who's ready for the next song?" she called to the crowd. The crowd cheered. She grabbed her violin and began to play Whoops, by Meghan Trainor.