Chapter 6 : Meeting Again

De Dunkerque watched from afar the row of exhibition carriages filling the streets of the city. The people were celebrating because their beloved Prince would be getting married soon.

But this good news for the entire kingdom meant nothing to De Dunkerque. For some reason, the celebration eagerly awaited by all the citizens of Erchantia did not lift his spirits these days.

Previously, he had insisted on coming here for this. To celebrate this. But now, his thoughts were more fixated on the young man he had met in the palace garden.

De Dunkerque didn't know why the scent of that stranger lingered in his memory. Making it hard for him to forget the encounter. He absolutely doesn't know why.

The scent, the aroma that soothe him so much that it made him forbid Naren from taking the shoe away. The scent of that stranger remained on the shoe they found. Afraid the soothing aroma would fade, he forbade anyone from touching it.

"Your Highness," Naren's call interrupted De Dunkerque's reverie.

"We've been here too long, longer than we planned, Your Highness."

"Haaaah... is that so?"

"Yes, His Majesty has sent a messenger to call us back to the Main Palace.

"De Dunkerque pursed his lips.

"Well, we do have more important things to do."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"So, there's still no luck in that search?"

Naren sighed softly, understanding the direction of De Dunkerque's question.

"Not yet, Your Highness."

"Ahhhh... okay then" De Dunkerque replied, disappointed.

"So far, we've found the shoemaker's place, but the current owner is just the heir of the founder, and the old customer records were destroyed because the shop had been burned down before."

"Old customers?"

"Yes, Your Highness. The new owner said the initials used were from a long time ago and are no longer in use."

"But the man was young?" De Dunkerque was not satisfied.

"That's why... I don't know-"

Knock... Knock...

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation.

De Dunkerque signaled Naren to open the door and see who the guest was. Meanwhile, he positioned himself on the sofa to receive the guest.

"Your Highness," Naren called.

A man and a woman stepped into the room. The man peeked over Naren's shoulder, smiling widely.

De Dunkerque sighed harshly seeing the man smiling to himself.

'Tsk.... Crazy.'

"Hi hi hi, Your Highnessssss," the man called in a coquettish tone, but to De Dunkerque, it was very annoying.

"Stop it, Ethan."

"So fierce... ohho."

"Why did you come here?"

"Hi hi..."

"Speak now."

"This, here... Your Highness, Cinderella has come to greet you today, Your Highness," the man informed, inviting the girl who accompanied him to step forward.

De Dunkerque watched the beautiful girl step forward.

"Oh."

"Hi, good morning, Your Highness,"