Chapter 8 - A Glimpse of Heaven

Archen slowly opened his eyes as the morning sun greeted his face. The rays of light formed straight lines, occasionally piercing through the billowing curtains swayed by the wind.

Archen tried to rub his eyes, but his movement halted as he felt his arm weighed down. He glanced slightly downwards. The prince was still deeply asleep in his embrace, with his left hand resting on Archen's chest while his head comfortably lay on Archen's arm.

"Haahh..." Archen sighed heavily. He couldn't recall when he fell asleep last night. When the prince suddenly took over spot with him on the plush sofa, Archen, taken aback, took a long time to drift off. 

And when the prince grimaced in discomfort from their shared sleep on a sofa meant for one, Archen reluctantly moved him to his own bed. Now, here they were, on the prince's soft bed, as the prince, unwilling to let Archen go, caused Archen to resign himself and fall asleep there too.

Now, bored and can't move, Archen's eyes fall on the beautiful face in his arm.

The prince in his embrace seemingly looks so deep in his sleep. Archen observed carefully, without any sound.

The prince's fair skin contrasted with his high-set nose, adding to his elegance. Attracting Archen's eyes to glue on it more.

With the morning sun gently peering through the bedroom curtains, the prince looked captivating in his serene sleep. His peaceful face seemed illuminated by the morning light, highlighting every fine contour and calm expression that radiated from his flawless skin. Like a living portrait, the prince's beauty shone even more under the warm morning sunlight, creating a mesmerizing image for anyone who beheld it.

Archen's gaze slowly moved downwards, stopping at the prince's lips, red and plump like ripe pomegranates, seemingly calling out to him. His lips slightly parted, revealing a row of neatly arranged white teeth.

Archen fell silent, swallowing his saliva as he savored God's craftsmanship, unaware when the prince's black, curly eyelashes twitched slightly and then slowly opened.

Their eyes met. And Archen instantly caught off guard. Quickly, he averted his gaze.

"Ahem..." Archen cleared his throat, attempting to regain his composure. De Dunkerque began to stir up slightly.

"It's already morning, it seems," he raised his head from Archen's arm.

Immediately, numbness enveloped Archen's arm as the tiny head was lifted.

"Ouch...aww" he groaned softly, then swiftly rose from his lying position and stood quickly by the bedside.

De Dunkerque paid him no mind. He sat on the edge of the bed, clapping his hands once. 

Archen furrowed his brows in confusion. "Why the sudden clap?" His question was promptly answered when the door covering the royal chamber abruptly opened, revealing several palace maids already prepared with the prince's necessities, stepping inside almost simultaneously.

"Good morning, Your Highness," the chief maid greeted.

"Yeah..." De Dunkerque responded as he got up from his bed. He discarded his satin night robe onto the floor before heading towards the bathroom. The discarded robe was swiftly picked up by the attending servant. Archen could only watch in silence.

After De Dunkerque stepped into the bathroom, a servant approached Archen.

"Sir, these are your clothes for today," the servant said, handing over a set of attire also made from expensive satin.

"Uh, me..?" Archen puzzled. The servant nodded.

"Your Highness De Dunkerque requested us to prepare your necessities for today."