Chapter 8 : Preparations for a special client.

A few days having passed from this free day the mentor and the new recruit spent  together,  L showed up to work as always.

Right after he had finished getting dressed into the employee's changing room , he looked to his right and noticed one of his colleagues standing in a corner and smiling at him.

He hadn't even had the time to speak up or even jump out of surprise that he was quickly grabbed by the green haired girl.
Seeing how small and puny she seemed to be , it was impressive how much strenght  she had in her.

"Hey Ellieeeeeeee ~
I've heard a few rumors about you these days ~ "

Her voice was way too happy to not sound suspicious.

Upon hearing her annoying cheery voice right after having been caught like a stray cat , L's eyes were a little widdened  as he frowned.
After calming down from this recent fright he crossed his arms.

"GAH- WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS WAITING FOR ME IN THE DRESSING ROOM !
I don't have time for your childish games Mimi !
Just let me go , i gotta go get to work. "

He coldly answered , gesturing her to let him go and get out of his way.
Of course the girl didn't  listen to him at all , grabbing his arm and squeezing it to keep him there with her so she'd get some juicy gossip to entertain herself.

"Why are you so pressed hmmmmmm ?
Is someone  waiting for you over there ~? "

Upon hearing her suggestion , the brown haired man blushed a bit and became a bit agitated , shaking her off of his arm.

"Shaddup ! I just don't wanna have to get scolded by Nas' or the count. "

She smirked at him and let go of him , putting her one hand on her hip in a sly way , twirling her pigtail with the other hand.

"Right right , fine then i'll let you be. "

L sighed as he saw her walk away , she stopped mid way before even stepping out of the room just to turn to the man and say a little comment.

"Well then have fun with your little mentor boyfriend !
Oh and tonight there's a ..... y'knowwwww meeting with the whole team , so be there after work wink wink"

Before the tall man could even say anything back to her , the green haired girl laughed and ran away , leaving L alone.

Ah yes of course he would attend the meeting and-   wait how exactly did she know about this ? That's what Mr.L wondered.
Was Mimi spying on them back at the mob ball ?
Or did she somehow knew about how L brought Dimentio home after he found him blacked out drunk ?

He couldn't  tell.

His cheeks still red at the thought that people  started to know about this whole thing he had going on with his mentor , he just hoped that the count or Nastasia  wouldn't  ever hear about it.

What would this meeting be about ? He thought , as he got out of the dressing room and toke the elevator to get upstairs.

The meeting's probably going to be about the mob ball , or maybe something  about those super expensive heart shaped jewels.
A few days had already  passed since the last meeting after all  , almost a week , and honestly a ton of things could happen in only a week.

Tink.

The elevator had already  arrived at the selected floor.
As L got out of it , he was immediately greeted by a certain man standing there  and smiling.

Blushing a bit , he walked to the black haired man , his mentor and chuckled a bit.

"Hey Dim  .........  for how long have you been waiting there ha ha ? "