A little note

Hey everyone!

After a few weeks/chapters of watching my engagement start to drop, it's only confirmed what I feared as I went down the path that I did.

It has been slow, drawn out, and without a lot of real action/action that focuses more on my OC. I knew that as I was writing it, I was taking a big gamble, that it would likely turn off some people. I get it. It's hard to read something when the antagonist is all internal and seemingly comes up out of nowhere.

What I also realized, after I started down the path of "Faoladhean suddenly has to face her grief," is that in the timeline, it comes six years after all of the deaths. You're probably wondering what that has to do with anything.

I'm going to share this, not for sympathy, but to kind of explain where my thought process was going.

In 2018, I lost my younger brother in a house fire. Seven weeks later, my mother suddenly died. It was hard, no question. My grief became more focused on the loss of my mother (for a multitude of reasons), and somewhere in the shuffle of life, it hit me - six years later, I still hadn't fully grieved the loss of my brother.

Realizing and acknowledging that has opened up a whole lot of unresolved stuff for me, stuff I thought I had already dealt with.

So you can probably see some parallels between Faoladhean's journey and my own. Writing is and always has been extremely therapeutic for me. And with writing things that I now share with others, I still write with "write for yourself" in my mind.

With that being said, I hope those of you who have given up on Faoladhean and Finan find your way back. I promise things will be looking up from here on. At least until we reach season 3...

And to those who have stuck around... thank you! 💜💜💜