[39]𝓢𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵

—How can I play
The victim?—

"I hurt you a lot" Your father suddenly said holding the letters tightly in his hand, not opened yet.

"You did" You said with a bitter smile.

"Y/N, I don't know how to be a father. Can you spare some mercy you might find?" He said his head hung low so I couldn't see his expression.

"Father, I used to admire you a lot. Before mom died, you were a nice father. We were a family"  You replied.

"Y/N, you hate me then why? Why? You hate a man like me then why!?" He suddenly snapped and looked at you with his rheumy eyes.

"Why do you want to be with Jimin so bad?" He asked in much soft tone than before.

"He's nothing like you, he loves me dearly" You replied not understanding why he is suddenly mad over Jimin.

"He's just like me. A murderer" Your father said

And the realisation hit you, he's a murderer.
He's like your father. A killer. A merciless monster but....you love him. That can't change now.

"What are you talking about? He loves me!" I shout

"Love is beautiful Y/N, I know but are you sure this love won't change into a dangerous weapon? Love is like a mirror, beautiful and clear but when broken it can be a dangerous dagger" Your father said.

"Father, is seeing me happy this painful?" You asked.

"Y/N, I'm saying it for you" He said

"Then why in this world you arranged my marriage to him?" You asked

"It was decided, a long time ago even before Jimin's dad and I were bachelors" He told.

"You..knew him? You were friends with him?" You asked

"We used to study in the same college" He said

"We were good friends, not typical bestfriends but good friends.  He was a nice guy with bright ideas and hopes but time changed and we both parted ways. We both got in the wrong side of the world" He further explained

You knew it was the partial truth but you wanted to ignore it, and the fact that they were ever friends.

"Whatever scrap you're telling me dad, I love Jimin. Tell his father that you don't want to cancel it" You told him

"That's not how it works—"

"Does it even matter?" You asked

"I'll do it, honey. I understand you love him. I'll just do what you want. And if he ever hurts you, come to me; I'll always be here for you"
He got up from the bed and secretly wiped a tear forming in his eyes, you acted like you didn't see it.

You both came out of the room, Jimin's expression was...full of anticipation.
He looked nervous, scared yet calm.

He came towards you.
"So what did princess and father talk about?"
He asked.
Before you could reply he spoke up again.
"Did he agree on our marriage?"
It felt quite strange, Jimin asked it too straightforwardly.
Was it your father's words or was Jimin too eager to know?
You just shrugged it off.

"I'm not sure...but I guess he'll agree" You said with a small smile.

"Everything will be alright, you always have me. And I'll never leave you" He said with a big smile.

"And what are those envolpes in his hands? Your incomplete school homework?" He mocked

"Shut up, I was a very bright kid in childhood"
You rolled your eyes.

"I see, so you used all of your brain in childhood and now you are so dumb" He gave a wicked grin.

"Haha so funny, those are the letters I once wrote to him" I clarified.

"Letters? Why?" He asked

"I never talked to him, but there were things I wanted to say to him so I wrote letter to him. There are many. For different people" You responded.

"Can I read them?" He asked

"No" You replied in a split second

"Why?" He asked with a confused expression

"Those are just anger filled letters of a teenager, nothing special" You said.

"I would love to taste your anger" He said

_

You and Jimin came out to have a walk and feel the cold breeze.
It was just a few years ago when you hated these streets, but now walking on the same streets with holding his hand.
Everything feels fine and good.

"Winter is almost here, baby" He said

"I can smell it in the air" You said.

"You have a dog's nose then" He mocked.

You chuckled,
"No, truly winter feels good" You said

The snow fell, slowly and gently landing on Jimin's hair.
You both stopped walking.
You extended your hand and looked up towards the sky.
"It's snowing!" You exclaimed
You turned towards him smiling, brightly.
"Do you know what that means—" Before you could say more he grabbed your jaw and crashed his lips onto yours.
His cold hand sending shivers down your spine,
you kissed back.
Your hands travelled back to his neck, fingers playing with his hair.
He groaned between the kiss.
All the eyes were on both you, but neither you nor he cared.
It seems like time had stopped, it's just him that you could feel.

He broke the kiss, gently holding your hands.
"I know what it means, baby" He exhaled
He was out of breath just like you.
There is a superstitious belief that if someone is out in the first snowfall of the year with someone they like, true love will blossom between them.
Nothing could be able to defy their love.
You smiled.
"I love you" You said..
He gave a small growl.
"I love you a lot more" He pecked your forehead.
You giggled.

—against my
Own self?—