Chapter 15 • library

It had been five days since I had last talked to my husband, only seeing him for a few moments  whenever we ate, which we did in complete silence.

My days had consisted of hanging out with kirishima, talking to the two dopey guards while they 'worked', and occasionally harassing tokoyami to tell me what the 'surprise' was (which he still refuses to tell me).

But most of the time I spent by myself in my room, or wandering about the castle.

I closed my bedroom door softy as I exited out into the hallway. I stopped for a moment in front of bakugous door as I passed by, a loud banging sound echoed out from the room causing me to jump.
Suddenly the door swung open, almost hitting me in the process.

"What are you doing." His gruff voice asked, some kind of ash and sweat spread across his face.

I wonder what he had been doing in there..

"I was just passing by." I responded bluntly, turning on my heel as I continued to walk down the hall.

"Yeah, sure you were.." he smirked as he walked alongside me. "Where are you storming off to?"

"I do not wish to speak with you." I huffed "and besides, it's none of your business where I'm going."

The man stayed silent, his face visibly annoyed as we made our way down towards the stairs.
I made a quick left turn deciding to go to the library, which I had yet to explore yet. Bakugou followed in suit, continuing to walk beside me.

"Are you following me!?" I asked, frustration painted across my face.

"I thought you didn't wish to speak with me?" Bakugou spoke "plus, I was heading this way on my own. How do I know you ain't following me? You were the one stalking outside my room earlier" He smirked.

"Well it's pretty hard to ignore you when you're so damn loud." I huffed, referring to the loud booming noise I had heard from his bedroom.

His face contorted as if he was trying not to yell at me, but yet he said nothing, instead he began sulking angrily beside me.

"Why do you choose to talk to me anyways." I glared towards him "I remember you saying having me as a wife had 'no fucking point'" I spoke harshly, quoting the man's words from our argument.

He stayed silent for a moment before speaking "if it ended a war it must not be entirely pointless.." his head turned away, in hopes of avoiding looking at me.

Was that supposed to be an apology? If it was.. it wasn't very good.  I pushed my anger towards the man aside, deciding to silently forgive him, there's no use in being angry with him forever. Even if his apology sucked..

"I'm heading to the library.." I spoke quietly. "Do you wish to join me?"  I asked, trying my best to lighten the tension between us. I pointed towards the library's large door as I stopped in front of it.

He paused for a moment, before nodding his head. 

===================================

My eyes scanned across one of the many book shelves, looking for anything that caught me eye.

Bakugous loud footsteps filled the library as he wandered around the shelves, until he came to a stop beside me.

"Any suggestions?" I asked the Man.

"I'm not a big reader." He gruffed.

"Shocker.." I rolled my eyes, not very surprised at his words.

He sent a dirty look my way before picking a book off of shelf, shoving it into my hands.

"That ones one of my favourites." He said gruffly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I thought you weren't a big reader?" I questioned, quirking an eyebrow up as I followed behind him as he walked.

"I'm not." He growled, grabbing another book for himself, tucking it under his bicep.

I sat down across from him at one of the tables and opened up the book in my lap as I began to read.

Bakugous eyes lingered on me, ignoring his book. And I tried my best to ignore his staring.

What the hell was he looking at?? Did I have something on my face? I thought, keeping my head down towards the books open page.

"Y/N." the princes deep voice spoke up, slightly softer than usual. My head quickly shot up, turning my attention towards him.

"Yes?" I asked, looking into his dark crimson eyes.

"I-" he began but was interrupted by the libraries door swinging open.

I whipped my head towards the noise, and I wear I could hear bakugou groan in annoyance.

"Oh hey tokoyami!" I said exited to see his familiar face.

"Hello princess.." he smiled, looking a bit surprised to see me as he began to look through the books. "Before you ask, I will not be answering" his smile dropping slightly, giving me a knowing look.

"Please tell me what the surprise is!" I groaned.

"I told you. I can't tell you." He chuckled slightly.

"Huh?! What surprise?!" Bakugou asked loudly.

"He won't tell me." I said, my head falling softly into my hands in defeat. Sending a pleading face towards the bird man.

"Do you really wanna know?" He asked raising a brow, grabbing a book from behind him, storing it away inside his cloak.

"YES" I said excitedly jumping from my seat.

"Follow me.." He chuckled as he caved into my begging, slightly shaking his head at my eagerness. "My prince.. may I escort the princess to the grand hall?" he asked, bowing towards bakugou.

"Whatever. I don't care." The blonde growled, standing up from his seat as he stomped towards the door, slamming it behind himself.

"Why is he so mad?" I asked, quirking my head to the side.

"He's always mad.." tokoyami rolled his eyes.

====================================

SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN A BIT POOKIES 🙏 I promise I'll start to update more often