Chapter 51

280+ Votes!

----NOTE---

Hey, dear readers! 

I apologize for missing the schedule on Monday without notice. 😓

I'll try my best to stick to the schedule. 🤞

Thank you for your patience and hope you'll give me tons of comments for this chapter. 😊

Enjoy reading!!!

----NOTE ENDS---

RAELYNN

"Vince has gone against family for this woman and soon, for her, he will not hesitate to cast you aside either.", Riccardo said, looking straight at Dylan and Ace, a warning evidently underlying in his tone.

My brows furrowed together as I felt a sudden jolt burst within me at his words.

My gaze instinctually moved to Vince and I caught the hurt that flickered in his eyes, but it vanished the next moment, his gray eyes returning back to their stoic.

That momentary hurt in his eyes filled me with anger, but I didn't let it show in my countenance and maintained my stoic.

Not giving anyone a chance to speak, I took a step forward, grabbing everyone's attention, and looked Riccardo straight in the eyes.

"There should never arise a moment for Vince to prove his affection for his kids to anyone. The past fifteen years is proof enough of the extent of their importance in his life. No one would ever be able to change that importance, neither me nor you, Mr. Marino. In your view, I'm an outsider. But, how pitiable that even an outsider like me knows the extent of Vince's ardent care for his kids, but you, his father, doesn't.", I stated sternly, my tone sharp, contemptuous and firm.

Riccardo's brows furrowed and I could see he was slightly startled at my words.

"You -", he started, but I cut him off.

"Raising doubts about Vince's care for his kids is nothing but an insult to his love for them and no one has the right to do that. No one.", I said sternly.

I did not imply those words only at him, but at Dylan and Ace too.

I know Dylan and Ace respect and worship Vince more than anyone in the world and they would never raise a finger at him, but I did not want them to, even for a second, think they are less important.

In my peripheral view, I noticed Vince staring at me.

"Vince had also respected his grandparents as much until you stepped in. If banishing them to an island is not him changing his priorities, I'm not sure what else to call it.", Riccardo commented in a tight tone.

I looked back at Riccardo stoically.

"It's a habit of yours to be unsure of a lot of things in life, Mr. Marino, isn't it?", I probed calmly, an evident taunt lacing my words.

"Raelynn", Vince interrupted in a calm yet firm tone.

"This is the woman you want to bring into the family? Someone who is disrespecting your father, breaking apart your family and distressing your siblings?", Riccardo turned to Vince, agitated.

"Who said we're distressed by Ren?", Ace intervened frustratedly.

"Haven't you heard what all I just said?", Riccardo questioned stiffly, annoyance surfacing in his countenance.