Chapter 52

280+ Votes!

RAELYNN

"Why did you scream?", Dylan asked, looking at Ace, Fiorenzo and Luce.

The whole Marino clan, except Theodore, is here, all of them with worried frowns etched on their faces, looking at their brothers who have screamed just a moment ago.

Thankfully, by the time they arrived, I stepped away from Vince and stood a considerable distance to his right.

Ace chuckled nervously as his gaze continuously flickered between me and Dylan.

I gave him a pointed look, implying to him to not disclose anything.

I've already told Ace and Luce not to reveal about me and Vince to the others yet and I'm confident that they wouldn't, but how are we going to get out of this situation?

Ugh.

"I'm asking you something. Why did you shout?", Dylan probed his brothers, irritated at the lack of reply.

"For fun.", Luce answered immediately with a conflicted smile.

"Fun?", Ashton frowned, annoyed.

"Why would you shout for fun?", Arianna questioned, her tone clearly laced with confusion.

Ace tried to shrug it off casually.

"But why are you guys continuously looking at Vince and Ren?", Angelina inquired, looking at her brothers and then at me.

Oh gosh!

"Wait. Ren, your face is all red. Are you okay?", Angelina stared at me, concerned.

Oh shoot! Oh shoot! Oh shoot!

"Yes, your cheeks and nose have turned red. Are you okay?", Vince questioned calmly, looking at me, amusement swirling in his gray eyes.

I pursed my lips and refrained myself from glaring at him for how entertained he's appearing at the moment at my embarrassment.

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you for your concern.", I replied, equally calm, giving him a courteous smile while my gaze promised him of the consequences for this stunt he's pulling.

"You must be running a fever.", Arianna stated, grabbing my attention back to them.

"No, I'm good.", I replied gently, giving a small smile.

"If not a fever, maybe you caught a cold?", Angelina probed, frowning.

Before I could respond, Ace intervened.

"I think it's not a cold but Ren caught something hot.", Ace commented, looking at me with a smug smile, his blue eyes glimmering with a teasing glint.

My eyes slightly enlarged at his comment as I could feel a blush evidently creep up my cheeks.

"Is it, Ms. Baker?", Vince looked at me, pretending to be curious, but his gaze was completely filled with mischief.

I had to clench my fists tightly, digging my nails into my skin in order to maintain my composure and poise, but I could feel my flustered gaze cracking up my stoic.