Chapter 48

270+ Votes!

----NOTE----

Hey, dear readers!

I earnestly apologize for the delay in the update and thank you all for the patience. 🥹

Enjoy reading!!!

----NOTE ENDS----

RAELYNN

"Why did you come back?", Ashton questioned angrily.

"ASH", the rest of them raised their voice in unison, looking at him with a furious frown.

I felt hurt at his question, but I concealed it impeccably under my stoic and looked up at his standing form calmly.

Strangely, he was facing me, but his gaze was continuously flickering away, not once looking at me steadily.

"What are you being so carefree about anyway?", Ashton questioned his twin rudely, looking at Ace.

Turning to Luce, he raised his tone furiously.

"And what the f**k were you -", he started angrily.

"Enough.", I stated in an extremely stern tone, silencing him.

The room went quiet after that and Ashton turned around and started to leave.

"Finish your lunch and then leave.", I said in a calm yet firm tone, my gaze straight ahead, staring into the air piercingly, my peripheral vision observing his stance.

"I don't need -", Ashton started replying, but I intervened.

"I'm being generous, Ashton, you do not want to provoke me on this.", I warned sternly, my tone laced with a finality to it.

Skipping food irks me with displeasure.

Having experienced the brutality of starvation, I value food beyond everything and I would hate to become the reason for these kids going hungry without a meal.

Wordlessly, Ashton walked back and settled in his seat and started eating silently with his whole countenance screaming of anger and irritation.

Not having the heart to incite them while eating, I stood up calmly and picked up my plate to store it in the kitchen and eat it after they're done, but the moment I took a step towards the kitchen, I halted when Ashton spoke up.

"So, the rules won't apply to you, huh?", he asked sarcastically.

"I never subject myself to hunger, kid, so rest assured I will eat every last bite of this meal later on.", I replied calmly, turning to him.

He did not say anything after that and I left from there to the garden.

Breathing in the fresh air filled with the smell of grass relaxed my stiffened muscles slowly and I sat on the garden bench, slightly far from the mansion, my back facing it.

I scrolled through my mobile in silence and opened the email from the company regarding my resignation process and status.

I looked into Milan's messages and found all the complaining texts from him about how there are a lot of negative comments and criticism surfacing about me and the facts I revealed in the press interview.

I leaned back on the bench, tilted my head upwards slightly and closed my eyes in exhaustion.

Some really rough phases I'm going through!