Chapter 46

270+ Votes!

-----NOTE----

Hey, dear readers!

Thanks a lot for the comments! 😊

I hope you give me as many comments on this chapter too! 😁

Enjoy reading!!!

----NOTE ENDS---

RAELYNN

"Will you allow me the right to share your everything?", I asked gently, looking up into his eyes with my own, glimmering in hope, letting the swirling emotions in my heart out bare in my eyes.

Vince took a moment, closing his eyes, before opening them, completely blank, and speaking up.

"We need to talk.", he said in a stoic tone, void of any emotion.

My eyes dimmed down, taken aback, and I felt a sharp sting and a hurtful ache in my chest at his indifferent reply, but I swallowed it silently and gave him a curt nod, feeling something heavy weighing me down.

Vince gestured to me to get in the car and I complied without any questions, too hurt and slightly anxious to be curious at the moment.

As both of us settled in the car, he started driving quietly, a thick tense silence hanging in the air and I felt some invisible walls keeping us apart though we are right beside each other.

What happened?

Did Vince not like me confessing?

But, he just hugged me a moment ago.

Did he finally understand the gravity of being with me once I'm ready to accept his proposal?

Does he not want this anymore?

NO.

That's not possible!

He would never do something of that sort. Not Vince. Never.

What then?

Am I expecting something too big too soon?

Does he think I'm indecent and lowly for proposing at a time like this?

Shouldn't I have confessed?

Should I have waited for him to bring this topic up again?

What if -

I was startled out of my disturbing thoughts when Vince placed his palm on my hands in my lap, his eyes still focused on the road ahead.

"Don't dig your nails into your palm.", he said calmly and retracted his hand back.

I looked at my hands and realized I was pressing my fists too tight that it left nail marks on my palm, turning it red from the pressure I was applying.

Clearing my throat, I stayed quiet for the rest of the ride, trying not to think anything negative, but it was very hard not to.

Soon, we entered a path and I immediately recognized where he was driving to though we've come here only once before, the place he told his mother used to bring him often in his childhood, the hilltop.

After reaching the top, he stopped the car and got out and I followed suit.

"I thought it would be better to talk somewhere no one disturbs.", Vince stated and I nodded.