CHAPTER 15 - Graduation

—AIAH—

Graduation came, and although my parents couldn't attend, I was grateful Mikha was there to support me. After the ceremony, my friends and I took photos outside of PICC.

"Saan ka na niyan, Aiah?" Staku asked while the rest of the gang posed for more photos, their laughter and chatter filling the air.

"Hanap ako ng work sa Makati lang para di na rin malayo. Ikaw?" I replied, adjusting my graduation cap and smoothing down my gown.

"Vacation muna. Punta kami ng Hong Kong with my family," she said, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Kayo ni Mikha, paano?" she asked, her tone turning curious.

"Kami? I think later we will meet her dad. Gusto na daw niya ko ipakilala," I replied, feeling nervous.

"Ay talaga? Wow, congratulations, Aiah! Big step for your relationship. Two years ba naman kayong lowkey!" she blurted out, her eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Oo nga eh, thankfully," I agreed, nodding.

Our conversation was interrupted by Mikha's arrival. She looked stunning, her smile radiant as she made her way through the crowd.

"Love, over here!" I shouted, waving to get her attention.

"Congratulations, love. Flowers for you," Mikha said, her voice filled with pride as she handed me a bouquet of tulips, their vibrant colors contrasting beautifully with her outfit.

"Thank you, love," I said, feeling a warmth spread through me as I accepted the flowers and caressed her cheek gently. I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Ang tamis naman!" Jhoanna teased from behind, making everyone burst into laughter.

"Paano ba yan, keep in touch na lang?" I said to my girlfriends, feeling a bittersweet pang of farewell.

"Sige, see you, Aiah, Jho, Staku. Chat na lang tayo," Sheena replied, giving me a quick hug before we parted ways.

Mikha and I walked hand in hand to the parking lot, a comfortable silence between us as we soaked in the significance of the day. We had a reservation at Sofitel for dinner with her dad, and the thought of it made my heart race.

As we settled into the car, Mikha glanced at me, her eyes filled with concern. "Are you ready to meet my dad? Are you nervous?" she asked, her hand resting reassuringly on mine.

"I'm good. Just a little bit nervous. He might be surprised that I am your girlfriend," I replied, my voice tinged with apprehension.

"Ano ka ba, don't worry," she assured me, squeezing my hand gently.

As we drove towards Sofitel, the city lights twinkled around us, and my mind raced with thoughts of the impending dinner. Meeting Mikha's dad was a significant step in our relationship, and I wanted everything to go smoothly. Despite the nerves, I felt a sense of calm knowing that Mikha believed in us.

...

"I'm so proud of you, baby," Mikha whispered to me while holding my hand on top of the table. We were waiting for her dad before ordering anything.

"Thank you, love," I replied, gently brushing her skin with my fingers.

"Love, I was thinking, since we're already two years into our relationship and we're about to go public, how about we move in together?" Mikha proposed, catching me by surprise.

"Is that too fast?" she added.

I stared at her, feeling a deep affection for this person. "Ahm, love, I think we can. Just wait for me to get a stable job first? I don't want you to shoulder all the expenses of moving in together," I replied.