CHAPTER 13 - Picnic

—AIAH—

We went to bed that night, cuddled up. Nothing happened between us beyond that, which is one of the things I love about Mikha—she respects me. But I did appreciate the closeness, the warmth of her presence. I think I would enjoy this more than having separate beds. I've grown comfortable with her. She's not hard to love.

Love?

Am I hearing myself correctly? Do I love her already?

Maybe not yet, but I can see that it wouldn't be hard to fall for her. Being with Mikha is as easy as it gets.

The following morning, after a leisurely breakfast, we checked out. Mikha wanted us to have lunch in Baguio; she had prepared something special for us.

As we drove along Kennon Road, we shared stories about each other, like old friends catching up.

"Where are we going, love?" I asked, squeezing her hand. She looked both gorgeous and effortlessly cool, driving with one hand and wearing sunglasses.

"Hmm, you'll see. I prepared a lunch in Camp John Hay," she said with a mysterious smile.

"Are you not tired from driving?" I asked, concerned.

"Nope. In fact, I love driving. It relaxes me," she assured me.

"Why, kaya mo bang mag-drive?" she teased.

"Hmm, nope, kaya nga di kita mapapalitan," I replied, grinning.

"I'm okay, my love, as long as I'm with you," she said, squeezing my hand. I leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Sa cheeks lang?" she protested, pouting.

"Well, you are driving. Mamaya na lang, wag kang mag-alala, hindi ka po mauubusan," I said, laughing.

We both laughed, the joy of the moment making everything feel light and perfect. The drive to Baguio felt like a dream, the scenic views enhancing the beauty of our time together. As we approached Camp John Hay, I couldn't help but feel excited about what Mikha had planned.

Upon arriving, Mikha parked the car and led me to a secluded spot under a canopy of pine trees. A picnic blanket was spread out, adorned with a variety of delicious food and a small bouquet of flowers.

"Wow, this is beautiful," I said, taking in the sight.

"Anything for you, my love," Mikha replied, her eyes twinkling.

We sat down and enjoyed the meal she had prepared, the fresh mountain air and the serene surroundings making everything taste even better. We talked, laughed, and simply enjoyed each other's company. It felt like we were the only two people in the world.

After lunch, we lay down on the blanket, staring up at the sky through the swaying branches of the pine trees. I turned to Mikha and smiled, feeling a deep sense of contentment.

"Thank you for this, Mikha. It's perfect," I said softly.

"Anything for you, Aiah," she replied, leaning in for a kiss.

And as our lips met, I knew that this was just the beginning of something truly special.

...

After our picnic at Camp John Hay, we decided to visit the strawberry fields to pick some fresh strawberries.

The drive to the fields was filled with more laughter and shared stories, the scenery outside passing by in a blur of vibrant greens and blues. When we arrived, the sight of rows upon rows of strawberry plants stretching out before us was enchanting.

"Wow, this place is beautiful," Aiah said, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"I knew you'd like it," I replied, grabbing a couple of baskets for us.

We walked hand in hand through the fields, the air fragrant with the sweet scent of strawberries. We crouched down and started picking the ripest, juiciest berries we could find, occasionally sneaking a taste.

"These are so sweet!" Aiah exclaimed, holding up a particularly plump strawberry.

"Just like you," I teased, giving her a playful wink.

She blushed, but her smile was radiant. We continued picking strawberries, enjoying the simple pleasure of the task and the joy of being together.

"Do you have any plans for these strawberries?" she asked, placing a few more in her basket.

"I thought we could make some strawberry shortcake when we get back," I suggested.

"Sounds perfect," she agreed, her smile widening.

As our baskets filled up, we took a moment to sit on a nearby bench, overlooking the fields. The sun was beginning to set, casting a golden glow over the landscape.

"This has been an amazing day, Mikha," Aiah said, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," I replied, wrapping an arm around her. "I just want to make you happy."

"You do, more than you know," she said softly.

We sat there in comfortable silence, watching the sun dip below the horizon. The day had been filled with new memories and the promise of many more to come. As the first stars began to appear in the sky, I felt a deep sense of contentment.

"Ready to head back?" I asked after a while.

"Yeah, let's go home," she replied, standing up and taking my hand.

We walked back to the car, our baskets full of strawberries. It had been a perfect day, one that I knew we would both remember for a long time.

...

Mikha gently woke me up as we approached my apartment.

"We're here? Sorry, I fell asleep," I said, rubbing my eyes.

"No worries, my love," Mikha replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Do you want to stay the night?" I offered.

"As much as I want to, I can't. I have to get up early tomorrow for work. Maybe next time, my love," she said, regretfully.

"Okay, then," I said, a bit disappointed but understanding. We got out of the car, and Mikha grabbed my bag for me.

"Thank you for this amazing weekend, Mikha. Hopefully, there are more to come," I told her, my heart full of gratitude and hope.

"Of course, my love. See you tomorrow at work?" Mikha said with a smile.

"See you," I replied. We hugged each other tightly, and then shared a kiss. This time, it lingered a little longer than the first, filled with unspoken promises and growing affection.

As I watched her drive away, I felt a warmth spread through me. This weekend had been perfect, and I couldn't wait for more adventures with Mikha. I headed up to my apartment, already looking forward to seeing her again the next day.