[189] A Number Dilemma, Is Ten Enough?

Chapter 189: A Number Dilemma, Is Ten Enough?

After absorbing the spirit of the black dragon corpse I bought for her, Yuzuru finally reached [Gold] rank. That made four Golds in this household; Ruby, Tsubasa, Asia, and now Yuzuru.

Their four gold signs weren't bad either, but that's for later when it would be useful. Ruby and Tsubasa were almost at Underlord, now. Despite their late start, their growth was faster than the other two since both had a second source of energy.

I've decided to slow down Asia and Yuzuru's training after I watched for a bit more. I think it'd be better to focus on others instead. Since two spaces were vacant, I had to make careful choices.

When my mind was busy with all these thoughts, I heard someone call my name. "Aqua, you got a DM," my mother said, waving my phone at me when I walked into the living room from the shower.

I was really sweaty after hunting all night earlier, and then helping Yuzuru advance. So I wondered what it was so important that she had to tell me herself.

"Can you check it for me?" I asked, going over to the fridge to grab a bottle of cold water.

"I already did." She said, frowning. "It's from that flirty devil girl, Akeno. It's about Rias." She paused for a moment, waiting for me to turn to face her. "Apparently she... passed out? She touched some devil artifact and fell unconscious."

"What?" I put the bottle away and walked over to her. She held the phone to my face. As she said, Akeno was telling me that Rias passed out.

While reading those messages, another one came.

[DirtyFallen: I'm just telling you this so that you don't worry if you can't reach her for a while... She'll be okay, Satan Beezlebub said. Ah and, outsider visits aren't allowed, so you can't meet her sadly.]

I frowned. "She'll be okay yet an outsider visit isn't allowed?"

"How suspicious," Ai rippled with my own idea. "You wanna go check anyway? I think you can, if you push it. After all, you are her Sect Leader, not an 'outsider'."

"No need, if they think it's not that serious," I let out a whiff of breath, after pondering for a bit. She's not dead, and if that's the case I'm sure Ajuka will figure something out. He's smart. "Just tell her that—if they're having trouble with whatever condition Rias is in, just call me, I'm well versed in this demonic artifact field."

Ai typed just what I told her, and sent it. A reply came immediately, but it was a short 'alright'. It's obvious that Akeno wanted my help, but I guess the Satans really didn't want an outsider there.

"Poor girl," Ai put the phone away, shaking her head. "She's cute, I like her. Did you do something in front of her at the party? Maybe she got mad or something and tried to cast some seductive black magic on you."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why are you blaming me for this? I did nothing. I even showed affection to her in public, she loved it. I even rejected that woman, Lady Belphegor, who wanted me in her bed."

"Oh, did you?"

"Yes? I don't lie."

"That's a good boy," Ai patted my head, while I gave her a blank stare. "No, really. You did well, holding it in."

"You'll get in trouble if you keep acting like this," I warned her, my expression flat.

"Oh, what type of trouble, I wonder?" Ai tilted her head in curiosity, looking so dense that I'd have believed her if not for that soft, mischievous smile on her glossy pink lips. In the end, she is a world-class actor, she's making fun of me.