After thought: Legend

[So now that there IS a legendary Cookie over the weather, I wrote an actual legend for this reader.]

In the far distant past, there were only two Cookies capable of living in the sky: Stormbringer Cookie, wielding the almighty Heaven-Splitter, who brought the fiercest lighting and storms; and (C/F) Cookie, wielding a Rod of Solar Discord, who would bring the rain, clouds, and wind. Together, they brought prosperity to Cookies below, keeping enemies from the land and raining blessings upon their worshippers.

But while Stormbringer Cookie preferred to remain in the sky, away from the Cookies who endlessly prayed to them, (C/F) Cookie often walked among them, granting their wishes with their mighty powers.

Stormbringer Cookie grew tired watching selfish Cookies take advantage of their kindness. She urged them to withdraw to the skies, fearing the consequences of simple Cookies dictating the use of the powers of their staff, but they refused. They could not see the devastating effects it had brought upon the land. Floods, hurricanes, and drought infested the ground, tossing the lives of their followers into endless torment.

With no other choice,Stormbringer Cookie used her Heaven-Splitter to banish them from the sky, cutting their power in two. "If you would leave them so readily, then you are unfit to wield the power of the heavens!"

"If you will cut me down, then I will ensure your power never leaves the sky again!" With one last use of their godly power, (C/F) Cookie banished the clouds from the sky. The blazing heat from their staff transformed the world into a great desert.

From the remnants of their split power, the Heaven-Splitter created three Cookies to take their place: one over the great winds, one over the rolling clouds, and one over the pouring rains. Under Stormbringer Cookie's guidance they restored the world to its natural order.

But legend has it that (C/F) Cookie still wanders the desert, regretfully wishing to return to the sky.