🎶A New Dawn🎶

The next morning, sunlight streamed through the bedroom windows, casting a warm glow over the room. Zea stretched languidly, feeling a pleasant soreness from the previous night. Xander was already up, dressed in his usual crisp, tailored suit, sipping his morning coffee as he glanced at his phone.

"Morning," Zea said, her voice still husky with sleep.

"Morning," Xander replied, his tone cool but not unfriendly. He watched her as she sat up, the sheets falling away to reveal the oversized shirt she had borrowed from him. "Today's your first day at Prada, right?"

"Yeah," she said, her excitement returning. "I can't believe it's finally here."

Xander gave a curt nod. "Good. Try not to be late." He turned back to his phone, scrolling through emails and messages.

Zea quickly showered and dressed, choosing a chic yet professional outfit-a tailored white blouse, a high-waisted black pencil skirt, and a pair of classic black pumps. She applied her makeup with steady hands, her nerves buzzing with anticipation.

Downstairs, the housekeeper, Jane, had prepared a light but delicious breakfast. Zea ate quickly, too excited to linger over the meal. Xander glanced up from his paper as she grabbed her bag and headed for the door.

"Good luck," he said simply, his eyes flicking up to meet hers. It wasn't much, but from Xander, it meant a lot.

"Thanks," she replied, giving him a small smile before stepping out.

***

The Prada headquarters in New York City was a modern architectural marvel, its sleek lines and glass facade reflecting the bustling energy of the city. Zea walked through the doors with her head held high, her heart racing with anticipation.

The receptionist greeted her warmly. "Good morning, Ms. Walton. Mr. Costa is expecting you. If you'll just follow me."

Zea nodded, following the receptionist through the pristine hallways lined with iconic Prada advertisements and displays of the latest collections. She was led into a spacious conference room where several executives, including the creative director, sat waiting. Among them was Gigi Hadid, the face of Prada.

"Zea Walton, welcome," said Mr. Costa, the head of talent acquisition. "We're thrilled to have you here. Your performance at the fashion show was particularly notable."

Zea smiled, feeling both nervous and elated. "Thank you. It's an honor to be here."

Gigi Hadid stood and extended her hand, her smile warm and genuine. "Hi, Zea. I'm Gigi. It's great to finally meet you in person. I've been following your rise closely, and I have to say, I'm impressed."

Zea's breath caught. "Thank you, Gigi. I'm a huge fan of your work."

The meeting proceeded smoothly, with discussions about potential collaborations, campaigns, and Zea's role within the Prada brand. She felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude and excitement as they discussed the details of her new position.

After the meeting, Gigi offered to show Zea around the office. They walked through various departments, seeing the behind-the-scenes magic that brought Prada's visions to life. Along the way, they chatted about the industry, their experiences, and their mutual love for fashion.

"You're going to fit in perfectly here," Gigi said as they walked through the design studio. "Prada values creativity and individuality, and you have both in spades."

Zea beamed, feeling more confident than ever. "Thank you, Gigi. I can't wait to start."

The rest of the day flew by in a blur of introductions and meetings. By the time Zea left the Prada offices, she felt exhilarated and energized. She had met some of the most influential people in fashion and was already starting to feel like part of the Prada family.

***

When she arrived home, she found Xander in his study, his usual place of retreat. He looked up as she entered, a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"How was it?" he asked, his tone neutral but with a hint of genuine curiosity.

Zea couldn't contain her excitement. "It was amazing, Xander. I met Gigi Hadid, and everyone was so welcoming. I think I'm really going to like it there."

Xander gave a small nod. "Good. Keep your head down and work hard. This is just the beginning."

She smiled, appreciating his pragmatic advice even if it lacked warmth. "Thanks, Xander."

He lifted his glass slightly in a gesture of acknowledgment. "Dinner will be ready soon. Don't be late."

Zea nodded and headed to her room to change, feeling a mix of anticipation and determination. Despite the complexities of her relationship with Xander, her career was taking off, and she was ready to embrace every opportunity that came her way.