🎶Drunk🎶

"Xander"
"Mhm"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Mhm"
"I...nevermind."
"Ask me Zea."
"Why..why did you shut off your emotions?"
"Z....Zea"
"I am sorry you don't have to answer that."

Zea's pov:

The morning light filtered through the curtains as I lay next to Xander, my thoughts swirling. I knew I shouldn't have asked him about his emotions, but I couldn't help myself. I wanted to understand him, to break through the walls he had built around his heart. Maybe one day, he would trust me enough to share his past, just as I had shared mine.

I felt Xander's intense gaze on me, pulling me from my thoughts. Our eyes met, and without a word, he leaned in and kissed me. His lips were warm and soft, but his eyes held that same intensity that always calmed me. It was moments like this that gave me hope.

Xander's POV

I was sitting in my office, sipping coffee with Noah. Despite the day's tasks, Zea was constantly on my mind. That girl had a way of invading my thoughts, no matter what I was doing.

"Noah, I think I'm in love with Zea," I finally admitted, the words feeling strange yet right as they left my mouth.

"Same," he said, in a serious voice, but I knew better.

I frowned. "Noah, I'm not joking. I'm actually in love with her, hard."

Noah seemed to snap out of a daze, clearing his throat and looking at me seriously. "Good for you, man," he said, but there was something off about his reaction. He walked out before I could press him further. What was wrong with him? This wasn't the Noah I knew. He should have been excited or at least surprised. But his reaction left me unsettled.

Zea's POV

Work was becoming more demanding as I climbed the ranks in the modeling world. Today, I had a photoshoot with Lucas again. The shoot required us to pose intimately just like last time, and while it was nothing unusual for a model, Lucas's flirtatious behavior was starting to get on my nerves.

"You're looking stunning today, Zea," Lucas said, his voice smooth as silk. "How about we grab dinner after this?"

I forced a polite smile. "Thanks, Lucas, but I have plans."

He leaned in closer, his breath warm on my ear. "Come on, Zea. I know you're married, but a little fun on the side never hurt anyone."

I stepped back, my smile turning icy. "Lucas, I'm here to work. Let's keep it professional."

His smile faltered, but he nodded, realizing he had crossed a line. We finished the shoot without further incident, but I was relieved when it was over. The industry knew I was married, but some people just didn't respect that.

Over the next few weeks, my career soared. I was now the face of the company, surpassing even Gigi. My face graced the cover of every major magazine, and interviews were a daily occurrence. It was exhilarating but also overwhelming.

I was in the middle of an interview when the reporter, a sharp-eyed woman named Clara, asked a question that caught me off guard.

"Zea, you're only 19 and already at the peak of your career. Can you tell us how you achieved such success at a young age? And why did you marry so young, at just 18?"

I took a deep breath, the question stinging more than I expected. But I kept my composure. "I've been very fortunate to have incredible opportunities and support in my career. As for my marriage, Xander and I have a unique bond. We've known each other for years, and sometimes life just takes you in unexpected directions."

Clara nodded, clearly intrigued. "Do you feel any pressure balancing such a high-profile career and a marriage at this age?"

I smiled, keeping my tone light. "There are challenges, of course, but Xander and I support each other. We're figuring it out together, one day at a time."

The rest of the interview passed in a blur, but that question lingered in my mind. It reminded me of the complexities of my life, the balancing act between my career and my marriage.

Xander's POV

Later that evening, I was flipping through a magazine when I saw it: Zea's latest photoshoot with Lucas. My jaw clenched as I saw the intimate poses again. I remembered my promise to her and remained calm, but the way Lucas looked at her really angered me. Without thinking, I reached for the bottle of whiskey.

Zea's POV

When I walked into the house, I was greeted by an unexpected sight. Xander was sitting on the couch, a nearly empty bottle of whiskey in his hand. His eyes were glazed over, and he looked up at me with a lopsided grin.

"Zea! There you are!" he slurred, standing up and stumbling toward me.

I rushed to his side, steadying him. "Xander, what happened? Why are you drinking so much?"

He wrapped his arms around me, leaning heavily on my shoulders. "I saw the magazine," he said, his voice thick with emotion. "Saw you... with him."

I sighed, realizing what had set him off. "Xander, it was just a photoshoot. You know that."

He pulled back slightly, his eyes wide and earnest. "I know, but... I don't like seeing you with another guy, even if it's just work."

I smiled softly, cupping his face in my hands. "It's part of my job, Xander. But you know I would never cheat on you."

He blinked, swaying slightly. "Really? You mean that?"

"Of course," I said, guiding him toward the bedroom. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

As I helped him into bed, he suddenly started giggling. "You know, Zea, you're really pretty," he said, his voice taking on a childlike tone.

I couldn't help but laugh. This side of him was really cute and I wished even sober Xander could be like this sometimes. "Thanks, Xander. You're pretty handsome yourself."

He flopped onto the bed, his arms spread wide. "Did you know I think about you all the time?"

His words left me off guard, but I quickly reminded myself he was drunk and sat down beside him, smoothing his hair.

He grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. "Promise you'll always stay with me?"

"I promise," I said, my heart aching for him.

He looked up at me, his eyes filled with a mix of vulnerability and drunken affection.

I leaned down and kissed his forehead.

He smiled, his eyes closing. "Good. Because you're stuck with me."