5

Selena Lockwood

8:30 am

I was in the kitchen preparing pancakes with strawberry syrup and cookies for breakfast. Lyra loves cookies.

I was given an off-day today. Shocking! I know. This is because I'm supposed to board my flight tomorrow for New York.

One thing about my 40 year old grumpy boss is that he is very considerate. I always believed that his considerable nature and self-esteem brought him to what he is today.

According to my calculation, I will reach New York by 6 pm tomorrow. Lyra is so excited for New York.

I'm not even half excited as her because the thought of even working with Lucian dreads me. I never know why he left me or the reason behind the burning vengeance on his eyes.

8 hour long flight is definitely going to tire me as well as my baby. I rented out a decent apartment yesterday since I'm pretty sure we are going in there for a long time.

I know I'm walking straight into the  snake's pit.

Lucian never backs down from his words. I know for a fact that my life there is going to be miserable.

All I can do is be better and get this shit down quickly.

I took a deep breath.

I am doing this for my daughter. She needs me. She should lead a much better life, full of love, unlike my childhood.

I was brought out of the daze by the alarm in the oven.

I took out the cookies and tasted it. Delicious. I could eat them all my life.

Lyra was in the living room watching tangled for the good knows how many times.

Can't blame her.

I binge watch it all the time to the point where I could recite all the dialogues.

Flynn rider has all my heart.

"Baby, come on, let's have our breakfast." I called out to Lyra.

"Cookies and pancakes!!!!! Mommyyyyy!!!!" My daughter's excitement made me chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah, I know you love me. How's the pancake?"

"I love this. Mommy, can I bring Mr. Biscuits with me tomorrow?" Her eyes. How can say no to those. She's got me wrapped around her fingers.

"Well, we can't leave him alone now, can we? Of course, yes!"

If you are wondering who Mr. Biscuits is, it's my girl's teddy bear.

"Uh, mommy, no milk."

"Yes milk, drink it up right now." I said in my 'don't mess with me - mommy version' tone, reserved for moments like these.

I don't know why some kids hate milk.

She got up from her seat. Hell no, she's about to run.

Well, obviously, I'm faster than her. But she's three. She will definitely crawl and fit into anywhere.

"Aha, mommy, you can't catch me!!" She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

I almost caught up to her, but she crawled under the table.

"Lyra June. Get here right now."

"No!"

"Ly—" Before I could complete my sentence, my door bell rang.

Who could it be?

I opened the door but found no one at the door.

I frowned and was about to close the door when i found a small note.