6

Selena Lockwood

I get a sense of deja vu as I stand in front of the tall skyscraper.

Ashford Inc.

The big letters stare right at me.

Too scary.

I told a silent prayer in my head and entered the building. The last time I entered Ashford Inc. was when I had to sign my divorce petition. And that was over 4 years ago.

The inside still had that aura it always carried. The architectural details were one of the most fascinating aspects of Ashford Inc.

I walked towards the lady at the reception counter. Jessica Steward. Her tag read.

She was probably in her 20s, dressed professionally, just like any other person in this company. One of the terms of working under Lucian was definitely dressing professionally, be it anything.

Okay, I would be lying if I tell you that this doesn't make me feel underdressed. I wore a white button-up shirt and jeans with a fuchsia pink blazer.

I hope it counts as professional.

"Good morning, ma'am. Is there anything I can help you with?" The woman enquired, and I placed the letter given to me by my boss.

" Good morning. I'm Selena Lockwood from Morales. I'm here as a part of a joint project." I replied.

"Oh, right, miss. We were informed about your arrival. Your colleagues have also arrived. You can head to floor 15, and there you will meet your team. They are already instructed about the scheduled meeting." She responded with a chipped voice.

I thanked her and headed towards the lift. I can already feel my heartbeat up to my throat. I will probably die from a possible cardiac arrest. Gosh, who will take care of my kid. I need to-

As I was ranting up in my head. I collided with someone.

Again.

This is a serious issue now.

I closed my eyes, waiting for my butt to collide with the floor, only to feel.....

Nothing?

"Selena? What the hell?!" I opened my eyes to find no other than Wes.

Wesley Knight.

I was currently in his arms.

"Okay, am I hallucinating?" Wes said, clearly confused. He still has that boyish glint in his hazel eyes.

"You clearly are not hallucinating."

That wasn't me who replied.

It was the devil in disguise.

Lucian Ashford

"Oh, sorry, Mr. Ashford. I was just-" Wes blurted while helping me stand straight, making Lucian roll his eyes and head towards the elevator.

I was still speechless.

"A word of advice, Ms. Lockwood. I don't tolerate tardiness." Lucian snarled at me.

That pulled me out of the reverie, and I headed towards the other lift for the employees.

I felt a hand grab, which sent a chill down my spine.

"Not that." He whispered.

I sighed. I entered the lift meant for VIP and him, obviously.

"Knight, what are you still doing here? Get to work!" Lucian directed at him as the elevator door closed upon us.